Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to know with those who have that installed in their bikes how did you get the tweeters to work without the crossovers and if not where did you put the crossovers that they won’t fit behind the light they won’t fit under the amp and light no place inside the faring and they won’t fit in the little speaker boxes so how did you run them to get the tweeters working as well as the woofers at the same time is a two-way system, how or where did you put the Hertz MLCX 2 TW.3 legend crossovers in at? Or is there anything that will help change to mid contour the high boost all that but the hearts crossovers do but half the size of a fraction of the size of the adjustable? I have just a Wolfers in right now and I tell you what it is loud clean clear in awesome sounding just that tiny little glitch getting the tweeters going to a crossover in making it sound nice set the higher-end

·
Registered
753 Posts
No crossover = blown tweeter real quick, don't try to run them without it.

I don't know how big those specific crossovers are, but any crossover I've ever seen fits easily under the cubby shelf next to the speaker pod. Unless you have a CB, XM, and the whim module they should fit no problem.

The pic in post #10 of this thread http://www.roadglide.org/53-audio/325738-amp-mount.html shows 2 amps mounted in the cubby. If an amp fits the crossover sure as heck should.

·
Registered
753 Posts
That’s freaking huge. Maybe angled in the cubby? Call whoever you bought them from, explain the application and see if they have something else available. Did you know they were that big when you ordered them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Their not a long as those diamond micro v2 and v4 they are over 8” long and just a shade over 4” wide

·
Registered
684 Posts
Their not a long as those diamond micro v2 and v4 they are over 8” long and just a shade over 4” wide
WTF?!?!

Most of them are about the size of a cig pack. Those are HUGE! I had a ton of room left below the head unit even after I put my amp there.

Good luck,

Mike

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Not really new but this is specs of the pro series ones and what what they do frequency wise, only difference is I have no control on mid contour and hi boost though mid contour would be same so bottom time I’d not have no boost alblity.

Let me throw this at you I’m try to see if the fit the cubbies which doubt they seem to be @1/4”-5/8” wider than those diamond amps. Only other alternative is the smaller ones and or use ones I have and place them into the speaker lids I can prob fit 2 in each lid, so having a second set of these speakers fairing and lower fairing, then the tour pack pods would be an issue unless can fit a set in the lower pods. And as far as lids go can still fit as said 2 sets in each lid and parlir of 6 x 9’s and still have a clean look.

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
So am I reading this right.......you're putting the ML 1650.3 and those same tweets in the lowers and the tour pak pods???

Maybe a DSP would control all of that without the need for crossovers - I've never used a DSP so not saying it will work for sure but worth looking into.

Just my $.02 - those speakers in the lowers will wash out about 50 mph and you won't be able to hear the pods much at all unless your head is turned. Those puppies are mighty expensive for those locations.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Maybe the 8” / 8.8” ones for lower might be better I’m running a Biketronics 4180 amp
Not sure if 8" will fit in the lowers. Lots of guys running the hertz SV 165 in the lowers. Pro audio speaker with no tweeter. Gets loud as hell so it doesn't wash out at speed as much as full range speakers do. Not much mids to it but adds good volume and would match up well with the 1650.3 in the fairing.

DSP??? Will it run tweets and woofers like crossover onnseperste hookup?
Digital Signal Processor. Basically an external equalizer that lets you control the crossover going to any channel you desire. Guys are using them on builds to flatten the signal from the HD HU and get different speaker types to play well together. I haven't used one, but the guys running multi speaker setups won't do a build without one. Several different types available, not sure how many outputs you can get. Arc, Fosgate, and JL all make them, the arc PSM is probably the most popular right now because it is small and very powerful but has a steep learning curve.

I still think your best bet is to call Hertz and see what else they have. It sounds like that crossover is designed to control the woofer and tweeter, they probably have something just for the tweeter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate to bring up an older thread. But I am researching the same thing.

This set is made for car applications.
Biketronics uses the same woofer paired with a Hogtunes tweeter/grill. No need for the big passive crossover. Just an inline ine for the tweeter.
But i still wonder why the pair a top of the line woofer with a mid level tweeter. Why not the matching Hertz tweeter?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts