Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

Picked up my bike from Stone's today with the monotubes (2") and the 940's (1") and damn, what a nice ride. I can finally touch the ground with both feet!

Question I have now is, what are people putting on for kickstands? It feels like it could fall over given the right wind or right bump, not to mention if I don't pay super close attention to when I am putting it down.

Probably need an inch or two longer one? I want that stock feeling back.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Here's my method.
Take a look at your kickstand bracket, 3 bolts attach it to the frame. Remove the bottom bolt, loosen the upper ones. Find yourself some flat washers or a spacer to fit behind the bracket at the lower bolt hole. I used 3 "AN" style flat washers approx .060"(.180" or approx 3/16" total) thick behind the bracket at the lower hole, this angles the bracket slightly, which raises the outer end of the kickstand. I think mine came up about 1" with the 3 washers.

Be aware that this method will also slightly change the angle of your floorboard, take a look at the rear board bracket and you can that filing the stop under the floorboard slightly will bring it back down level again.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I bought the Arlen Ness 1" lower, for my RGC with 2" drop. I have not seen the Pingle 2" until now. I think the 2" would be better.The 1" is better than stock but i think the extra inch would be perfect.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Buy a kickstand wedge and install it behind the kickstand, this will change the angle and allow the bike to lean more....cheap and effective...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there,

Picked up my bike from Stone's today with the monotubes (2") and the 940's (1") and damn, what a nice ride. I can finally touch the ground with both feet!

Question I have now is, what are people putting on for kickstands? It feels like it could fall over given the right wind or right bump, not to mention if I don't pay super close attention to when I am putting it down.

Probably need an inch or two longer one? I want that stock feeling back.
I have a Genuine H.D. jiffy stand bracket for a 2009 or later touring bike that has had the front end lowered. Much better than sticking washers here or there. Retail is $78.00. I'll take $50.00 for it if you're intrested (shipping included).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts