Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an '11 RG Ultra. I absolutely love the bike but it has a 12" windsplitter on it and it is beating my wife and I to death. I know everyone has their own opinion but I need help. I would like a combination of looks, effectiveness, and price. Who doesn't... right? I appreciate any and all help and pics would be wonderful.
Thanks,
Ozzyn

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I started with a 12" Wind Spitter. Ended with a 13" Madstad. Remember , its not all just about the shield . Wind baffles make a big difference stopping that dirty air coming up under and around the fairing. Enjoy the ride

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. Overwhelmingly for the Madstad. I am having a problem getting past the looks. I'm not saying it is ugly, I'm just saying it is different. The website recommends a 14.5" for me and that is $325. Did I mention that I am a tightwad? :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
For me it makes things so much easier. Solo I ride with it nearly at the lowest it will go. I had a 12" windvest that worked about 80% as good. With her I switched to the stock seat and had to switch to the stock ultra shield. It was ok but she still got batted around quite a bit. With the madstad it takes me a few seconds to switch the height and set the angle. She can sit back and ride in comfort. I have dark smoke and actually like the look. She likes the look also.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
601 Posts
The windsplitter in both 12" & 15" beat me up. The KW 8" I have now is better, but still too much wind for me. I've had a 14" windvest and have a 13" Madstad, both of those shields I'd rate as equal for wind management. The shield I've liked the best and am going back to is the 10" windvest. Wife does prefer the 14"WV and 13" MS

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I'm 6' 1" w/32" inseam. I have a 13" and run it all the way down most of the time and it works great for me. I was a tightwad too and this ended up being my 4th windshield. I would have saved myself a lot of money if I had taken the advice and bought it to begin with. They do have a money back guarantee so it will not hurt to try it. If you don't like it just send it back.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The windshitter in both 12" & 15" beat me up. The KW 8" I have now is better, but still too much wind for me. I've had a 14" windvest and have a 13" Madstad, both of those shields I'd rate as equal for wind management. The shield I've liked the best and am going back to is the 10" windvest. Wife does prefer the 14"WV and 13" MS
What are your measurements and what seat do you use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
The windshitter in both 12" & 15" beat me up. The KW 8" I have now is better, but still too much wind for me. I've had a 14" windvest and have a 13" Madstad, both of those shields I'd rate as equal for wind management. The shield I've liked the best and am going back to is the 10" windvest. Wife does prefer the 14"WV and 13" MS
I have both the 15" Wind vest and 13" Madstad. The Madstad wins hands down IMO. I do have a lot of other wind baffles on the bike.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Kewl...a Windshield Thread.. :) I wonder how many Spare Windshields are currently in Garages all over North America...?? We should count them up some day...Maybe We can fix the Ozone Layer..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts