Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After mounting my Garmin Nuvi 1690 with an Iron aces mount it became apparent that sun glare was going to be an issue, the GPS was almost useless in direct sunlight.

Well after talking with one of my power boating buddies he suggested that I try a product by NuShield called DayVue. This is a Anti-reflective film that applies to the screen of your GPS. After applying it yesterday I must say that I am 100% satisfied with the product and I can easily see my GPS screen in the sunlight.

I would highly recommend this to anyone running a GPS that has sun glare issues.

2 films cut for your unit run about $15.00
Also, here is a 10% off promo code: NCLP10

http://www.nushield.com/dayvue_technology.php

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
That might be just what I'm looking for. I have mine (iphone) on a Ram mount and I'm constantly adjusting and adjusting it more just trying to get the glare off of it so I can see the screen.

Thanks

Ricky

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Not sure if this tidbit is usefull but I was on a fishing boat yesterday and I couldn't see the GPS screen with my polarized glasses on. It looked like it had a protector on it. Maybe it had something to do with the orientation of the film. If you ride with polarized sunglasses I'd check it out before sticking the film down.

RT

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sun shield for Zumo

I have been looking for something to make my Zumo screen able to be seen in the sunlight. Sure hope this works. I ordered the day vue. The discount code must be in CAPS for it to work. Total was $16.24 with first class shipping. Thanks for the link...Mike

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have been looking for something to make my Zumo screen able to be seen in the sunlight. Sure hope this works. I ordered the day vue. The discount code must be in CAPS for it to work. Total was $16.24 with first class shipping. Thanks for the link...Mike
Just hit the "Submit" button myself - Zumo 660 (Not the RT). Was thnking about a hood type shield - but don't think it would work very well on a bike.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if this tidbit is usefull but I was on a fishing boat yesterday and I couldn't see the GPS screen with my polarized glasses on. It looked like it had a protector on it. Maybe it had something to do with the orientation of the film. If you ride with polarized sunglasses I'd check it out before sticking the film down.

RT
The good thing would be that If it doesn't work out for someone it is easily removable.. I wear Oakley half jackets with a polarized yellow lenses and I can see the screen really good compared to before... I figured for $15.00 I have made worse investments.

Hopefully it works as good for everyone else as it did for me.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yup. For 15 bucks it's worth a try.

RT

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Thanks, just what I've been looking for. Just ordered. :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just ordered mine. I am going to the Laughlin River Run and was wondering how I would see my 665 in the desert sun. My zumo 550 was excellent and never had any problems seeing it. Garmin took a few steps backwards on the 665 screen.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just installed my Zumo 660 on the Ironaces mount and went for a ride to test it out. Immediately saw the issue when the sun was anywheres behind me, couldn't see the display. I was worried about what to do...then just saw this thread! Thanks...just ordered a set.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Just ordered mine! This forum is the best.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Any impact on touch screen capabilities for a Garmin 660?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I caught the sun a different angle yesterday and lost a little bit of visibility compared to before. I was still able to make out the map, streets and my speeds, which I was not able to do before I had it. Not perfect, but much better than stock.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
I didn't have any problems with my Nuvi. However that is a pressure screen, not sure about the 660.

Should work.... the 550/660/665 can be used with gloves, so it's pressure too.

·
Registered
743 Posts
On order!

Just got my first ride in today with my Zumo 665 on the Ironaces mount. I definetly need something for glare! I hope this helps..... FACE

·
Registered
87 Posts
After mounting my Garmin Nuvi 1690 with an Iron aces mount it became apparent that sun glare was going to be an issue, the GPS was almost useless in direct sunlight.

Well after talking with one of my power boating buddies he suggested that I try a product by NuShield called DayVue. This is a Anti-reflective film that applies to the screen of your GPS. After applying it yesterday I must say that I am 100% satisfied with the product and I can easily see my GPS screen in the sunlight.

I would highly recommend this to anyone running a GPS that has sun glare issues.

2 films cut for your unit run about $15.00
Also, here is a 10% off promo code: NCLP10

http://www.nushield.com/dayvue_technology.php
Just ordered this. Thanks for the link and the discount code.

Mike

1 - 20 of 54 Posts