Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a scarlet red 2010 RGcustom nicely accessorized some painted goodies and 107 motor fueling cam chest oil pump 58 mm HPI throttlebody Vand Hines pro pipe I just love this bike at 62 years old and the original owner I thought I would treat myself to a CVO 2019 road glide I became obsessed with the Meiko shark fade rode it loved it I was at a car show Saturday night just parked my bike a group of bikes pulled in and right next to my bike came a brand new Meiko shark fade CVO Road glide girl hops off the back takes a look at my bike and says wow I really like your bike I think of the embarrassment I would’ve suffered had I been on a mako shark fade next to a mako shark fade I realized I’m pretty lucky with the bike I have ride save And do your own customizing

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Great story !!!! Put a big smile on my face. Thanks! The m8 will NEVER sound as good as yours either. :grin::wink:

·
Super Moderator
9,671 Posts
2011 , original owner , 62 years old , and after 48 years riding on the pavement , 46 on Harleys , fourth shark , I found finally the bike .. Completely satisfied with mine .. No desire for a newer one ..

JtB

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm not parting with my Scarlet Red 2010 FLTRX either ... But I am thinking about the Fueling 543 cams.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
2009 SERG, 2nd owner 66 yrs old with 50yrs riding, 35 on Harley & 2nd Shark, totally satisfied with what I have. Right now 14 days into knee replacement on right knee with left to follow. Sucks not riding all summer, but at least I have the forum read!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Yup, I got over that "got to have new " years ago. Even though I like the new stuff, I like bought & paid for and customized better.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I'm always grateful for what I have and will be grateful for what I have next. 🙂

Unlike Jack I have no clue that different Harley engines sound different. I know that cams and exhaust change the sound but sometimes I can't tell the difference between a loud Harley, a redneck pickup, or a beat up VW beetle.

The OP`s story reminds me of when I lived in Daytona Beach and folks who owned the only 'hot' car in the county they lived in would come to Daytona in it and found out they were a dime a dozen down on the beach. The 'hot' car was the Lamborgini owned by Ron Rice of Hawaiian Tropic Suntan products.

Buy what makes you happy, not what impresses others. There will always be those happy for you, those not impressed, and those jealous of you

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Good story AND I’d love one of those Mako fades >:)>:)>:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a scarlet red 2010 RGcustom nicely accessorized some painted goodies and 107 motor fueling cam chest oil pump 58 mm HPI throttlebody Vand Hines pro pipe I just love this bike at 62 years old and the original owner I thought I would treat myself to a CVO 2019 road glide I became obsessed with the Meiko shark fade rode it loved it I was at a car show Saturday night just parked my bike a group of bikes pulled in and right next to my bike came a brand new Meiko shark fade CVO Road glide girl hops off the back takes a look at my bike and says wow I really like your bike I think of the embarrassment I would’ve suffered had I been on a mako shark fade next to a mako shark fade I realized I’m pretty lucky with the bike I have ride save And do your own customizing
I have the same bike in scarlet red with a 106. Like it because you don't see that color everyday. Easy to find in a parking lot. If it were black I'd have to put a clothespin on the windshield so I'd know which one is mine.
Newer might be nice but I know what I have and boogies along just fine.

·
Super Moderator
9,671 Posts
sometimes I can't tell the difference between a loud Harley, a redneck pickup, or a beat up VW beetle.

Buy what makes you happy, not what impresses others. There will always be those happy for you, those not impressed, and those jealous of you
apparently you are in the same boat as me deaf and don't care what others think ...

JtB

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm happy with my 2009 SERG (silver) although I am still making some improvements - I'm 65 and have always had Harleys but I've also owned Italian, German, & Japanese Bikes. The problem with that is I'm fully aware of some of HDs short comings. Oh well it's only money - I really do love this Bike and plan on keeping it for a LONG time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts