Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on 2011 roadglide where and how do you get to the grease fitting to head bearing????

·
Registered
629 Posts
Turn the bars all the way to the right, then look at the left side of the steering neck. You should see a zerk fitting there. Pump it full of viscous grease (Harley calls for their specialty grease) until it comes out of the top and bottom bearings. Be prepared to pump in a lot. Many folks have found the cavity ungreased, even after their first service which calls for greasing to these bearings.
Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
593 Posts
The best thing i have found is to use an air powered grease gun (sears $50.00).stuff rags or paper towels on the bottom side and pump till it comes out on top.

·
Registered
564 Posts
This seems like the best place to put this. Everyone should grease their head bearing themselves. Even if you think you paid for it at the 1K. I put at least a 1/2 tube of grease in the head bearing. Go get a good quality synthetic grease so it doesn't run all over and fill 'er up. I just did the 5K myself plus primary and clutch.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I recently had to put a ball bearing and grease fitting conversion kit on the power meter on my house. I would go outside at night and see it glowing red.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts