Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frankie & I packed up the bikes this morning for a picnic and a ride to Shawnee National Forest in Illinois.

Before we headed out, we stopped to gas up down from our house. While inside paying, a guy walked in and asked "Who's Lymey?" I turned around and said "Thats me" He proceeded to tell me that his friend Larry was a forum member from Indiana (he didnt know his friends forum name). And they both were admirers of my bike. How cool!!! Ya just never know who youre gonna run into.
So Larry, if youre reading this....I met your friend with the silver SG today.....lol

Now onto our trip. We packed charcoal, burgers, potatoes to bake and dessert and headed to Gardens of the Gods in the Shawnee Nat'l Forest.

Awesome place to visit. Really neat rock formations. We were both surprised at how none of the cliffs were roped off. You basically could go where ever you wanted to.

Heres some pics!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tracy, I am the Larry my friend, Jim told you about.
Of course He was rubbing it in this morning at work because He saw your bike in person before I did.
Sounds like a nice ride you and your husband had.:)

W

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the pics Tracy. Frankie looked happy chowing down on that burger and spud. Only one thing missing....

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Look like you two had a great day and a terrific lunch. Like Dreamrider said, I too am looking forward to seeing you guys again at SWII.
Thanks so much for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. It was a great day. Couldnt have asked for better weather.

Thanks for the pics Tracy. Frankie looked happy chowing down on that burger and spud. Only one thing missing....
SALSA!!!!!

Tracy, I am the Larry my friend, Jim told you about.
Of course He was rubbing it in this morning at work because He saw your bike in person before I did.
Sounds like a nice ride you and your husband had.:)
Larry it was great to have met Jim. He said you would be jealous....lol

I see burgers,I see baked potatoes but where's dessert?
What? no ‘nanner puddin’............:D

Great pics.....
Nope, just some cookies. I wonder if I could transport some to St Louis for the last leg of the Gypsy ride?

Peter & Ken, I think seeing all the repeat offenders is gonna be like reuniting with long lost friends. I cant wait!!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Great pics! Looks like oyu two had great ride and day out together :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
WOW! I can taste thoes burgers clear out here in Las Vegas. Looks like a great "husband & wife" day. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Nevadasun

1 - 17 of 17 Posts