Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Worcester Ma yesterday 9am and headed south to eastern Ct to pick up my girl. We zig zagged our way across the state to the Garlic festival In Bethlehem Ct, an old country fair.

On the way hit the open house at Old School Harley Davidson in Ellington Ct. A band, food and lots of vendors, they have really done a nice job at that dealership.

Great fall colors on the way out, nice temps around 60. Miss the warmer weather but the nice trade off is how well the the bike runs in the cooler temps.

Anything garlic you want was there. We had Bison burgers and Brussels sprouts with garlic sauce for lunch.

A late afternoon start headed home, stopped on the way home to meet ralf75 ending a great day. Back home in eastern Ct 830, a 270 mile day.

Hope to get a few more good rides in before the weather turns.

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
There was a garlic festival in Grafton NH this weekend too. I haven’t had much time to ride lately. I hope to get in at least one good ride and maybe a few short ones. I go under the knife Nov 9 so my season ends.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a garlic festival in Grafton NH this weekend too. I haven’t had much time to ride lately. I hope to get in at least one good ride and maybe a few short ones. I go under the knife Nov 9 so my season ends.
With any luck we will get another month in

Best O luck with your up coming medical stuff

🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wishing I would have had time to meet up with some of you New Englanders when I was up visiting family in August. Good thing you both were eating the garlic.
Addict, if you get up here next year, please give a holler. Would like to connect.

No kidding on the garlic, thank god it was a long motorcycle ride home 😲. Who's idea was that 😂

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I wish I could've made it down yesterday to the festival but I am glad you gave a shout out on your way back home so we had a chance to meet

·
Super Moderator
9,827 Posts
Sounds like a Great Day Matt congrats.
Great Photos also.
Had I known ahead of time I would have headed north to meet up with You and Rob.
Hopefully one day soon We can All meet up.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Great area to ride with perfect weather and great company makes for a wonderful day
Glad your enjoying the Fall riding Matt

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Amazing to see how many people live close by. Western CT here. Will be doing a nice ride this weekend to get out. Planning on hitting the MC museum in Vernon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right around the corner.

The museum is a good take, call ahead for the hours.

Have fun!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Sounds like y'all had a great time. Nice pics too. Here's to a long autumn and a mild short winter!

Reactions: Mike U and madmat

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,122 Posts

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Amazing to see how many people live close by. Western CT here. Will be doing a nice ride this weekend to get out. Planning on hitting the MC museum in Vernon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in central CT about 5 mins from Hartford Harley and about 15 minutes from the museum in Vernon

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Left Worcester Ma yesterday 9am and headed south to eastern Ct to pick up my girl. We zig zagged our way across the state to the Garlic festival In Bethlehem Ct, an old country fair.

On the way hit the open house at Old School Harley Davidson in Ellington Ct. A band, food and lots of vendors, they have really done a nice job at that dealership.

Great fall colors on the way out, nice temps around 60. Miss the warmer weather but the nice trade off is how well the the bike runs in the cooler temps.

Anything garlic you want was there. We had Bison burgers and Brussels sprouts with garlic sauce for lunch.

A late afternoon start headed home, stopped on the way home to meet ralf75 ending a great day. Back home in eastern Ct 830, a 270 mile day.

Hope to get a few more good rides in before the weather turns.
What a great day for a nice ride. Beautiful bike, beautiful lady, great food ( except for the brussels sprouts!) and decent temps. So glad to see you out and about and wish I had more bike time. Nice write up, Matt!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts