Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
The tire looks great with that many miles on it. Maybe I give the Elite II a try the next time I get tires.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm @ 27K on mine. I could squeeze out some more miles but will be replacing soon.

·
Registered
593 Posts
American Elite

I got 23k out of my original Dunlops and should get 25k out of my Elites. Beats hell out of the 12k I used to get on the rear of my other Harleys.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Just put a set on mine last fall. Doubt I'll get that kind of mileage. My tire life and floorboard pan life suck compared to most.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Dang, 30k that's 3 tires for me I got to move someplace with better roads.
Yup, good roads, riding like an oldman, keeping the tires properly inflated all add into good milage out of tires.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No I don't think so , tho' it does look like it .. This one had dyna beads in it and I wanna know how to get them buggers out . The suction with a small hose didnt work for me ..

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
No I don't think so , tho' it does look like it .. This one had dyna beads in it and I wanna know how to get them buggers out . The suction with a small hose didnt work for me ..
Break the bead , you'll have plenty of room to get at them.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
American Elite II , close to 30K

Turkey baster, might work
But Hell you can't be that 'spendthrift'
Dang Jack , it's got some ruff cut to it.....30k
I know ya got more miles on ya than me (from the pic's i've seen ' you look it) gotta be one hard tire, your suspension must make up for it

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got 23k out of my original Dunlops and should get 25k out of my Elites. Beats hell out of the 12k I used to get on the rear of my other Harleys.
Tell me how you get that mileage out of the OEM's? I am at 11K and mine front and rear just about GONE! I will probably run them another 2K and then maybe try the Elites!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just put a set on mine last fall. Doubt I'll get that kind of mileage. My tire life and floorboard pan life suck compared to most.
I don't get the tire life my buddies do. I know I ride much harder taking off, slowing down and curves compared to them.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am on my third front , the first OEM Dunlop got 20600 and was cupping bad , replaced it with Avon Cobra AV71 , really liked it , but only got 19000 out of it , the from is now an AEII and has about 17000 on it and looks great , it has ride on in it . Rear has dyna beads ..

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't know how far back you go , but in the 80's and 90's the D291's and D491's were good for 12000 if you were lucky , and from 6000 till they wore out , you had a Kansas sized flat spot across the back ..

The old 5.00/16 from the 70's and earlier rarely got 6000 ..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts