Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone. I've ridden for a little bit, and I'm in the market for a Road Glide, leaning more towards the ultra just for the aspect of having everything you could need/want on a trip. Can definitely say I won't be riding a a while, seeing as I'm currently 8K miles from what most of us consider home. But I'll be back in AZ in time to start riding again. In the meantime, I appreciate everyone's insight on projects they're working on or hindsight they had after the project.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
From your screen name, I'll assume you are military and that is why you are 8K away. Thank you for your service. There's a lot of former military on this site and also a lot of knowledge. Welcome.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Best of Luck on Your decision.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Welcome to the tank from north Florida!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Welcome to the Tank from Texas and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Good afternoon everyone. I've ridden for a little bit, and I'm in the market for a Road Glide, leaning more towards the ultra just for the aspect of having everything you could need/want on a trip. Can definitely say I won't be riding a a while, seeing as I'm currently 8K miles from what most of us consider home. But I'll be back in AZ in time to start riding again. In the meantime, I appreciate everyone's insight on projects they're working on or hindsight they had after the project.
hidey ho from sw oHio!

short answer: depends on the kind of riding you will be doing. :smile:

start with a stripped down standard or get the all-in-one ultra. it's your choice.
i bought a standard and accessorized from there. some guys buy the ultra and take accessories off.

standard has the 107, ultra has the 114 and is water cooled and has abs and will require more maintenance.

any route you choose, riding an 850+ pound bike takes some getting used to and should be an important consideration.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to the Tank from Reno. Thank you for your service. A Road Glide Ultra is the way to go for long distance riding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a special than added the detachable tour pack. I like the stripped down look of the RG around town but the versatility of adding the tour pack for distance rides. Travelled this year from Alaska to lower 48 without Tour Pack but have sinced added it. Just your preference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts