Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding from Kamiah, ID to Riverside, CA my motor went about 10 miles south of the NV/CA State Line on the grade up to Baker. I was going 80 @ 3000rpm when I twisted the throttle and it went boom before shutting off. I have the extended warranty so no worries there - but here is my question. What should I do with this build? I have a Great Indy Shop that will upgrade for the price difference. 110? Screamin Eagle Heads? Timkin Bearings? What would you do if you had this opportunity? Thanks

· Registered
7,518 Posts
I don't think the ESP will cover a new S&S engine but they should cover the cost to rebuild the engine to stock.

· Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,525 Posts
If the damage is costly enough that it is cheaper to put in a new crate motor then an Indy might be able to do the S&S. If you use an HD dealership don't do the 110". Go straight to the 120ST or 120R. The ST has a 1yr factory warranty and some ESP's continue to cover it. Check with your ESP rep to see if they will cover the 120R as some do.

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the damage is costly enough that it is cheaper to put in a new crate motor then an Indy might be able to do the S&S. If you use an HD dealership don't do the 110". Go straight to the 120ST or 120R. The ST has a 1yr factory warranty and some ESP's continue to cover it. Check with your ESP rep to see if they will cover the 120R as some do.
Definitely not going to the Stealership - but I'll talk to my Shop about the S&S. Thanks

· Registered
304 Posts
I had a 120r in my bike that I blew up a couple o months ago and it would have cost me as much to repair than to do the S&S 124 so I did that. I was thinking performance would be about the same but I was very pleasantly surprised that the S&S was MUCH better especially down low. I of course hated writing the check but at least after it is all said and done, I love the new motor. I should have done the 124 in the first place obviously!

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You must not Party, oh hell yea the hethens in Kamiah, are and if not got a nod with us. Don't go in streets at night without a least of the fkers, anyways, Given You Shit:)
Ok I'm tracking now - heads been a bit hazy since I got back. We rode through Kamiah Friday Night to get to the Lewis & Clark Resort (Now a KOA) and didn't get back into town at all. Went home the "other" way up the 12 through Montana so i didn't spend any time in the actual town of Kamiah.

· Registered
5,170 Posts
Yea, we've shot Lolo dozens of times since '97, KOA now? Good grub there clean rms & good to camp, if you don't know some locals or buy them sum beers they won't have your back:cool: sounds like your good o go on motor

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea, we've shot Lolo dozens of times since '97, KOA now? Good grub there clean rms & good to camp, if you don't know some locals or buy them sum beers they won't have your back:cool: sounds like your good o go on motor
Gotcha - thanks for the heads up. Annual Club Run that we do - it was better before KOA took over - more rules & regs now. We are gonna find a new spot in future. Leanin towards the 124 at this point.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.