Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share a quick and inexpensive mod to my Advanblack lowers. It will only work with lowers that do not have the cooling system in them. So I removed the back plate (pic 1), as it served no purpose. After that was gone, I had easy access to the the other plate, which is easily removed with just pushing the 3 tabs on the outside of the plate (2nd pic shows 2 of three tabs). Once removed, I took a hacksaw and cut of the extra plastic that served no purpose while leaving all the tab mounts locations. I found a set of mesh lower inserts from Kuryakyn for about $60 bucks. They only come in chrome, so a quick paint job and they are good to go. So the point of all this is on rainy days or when it is in the 40s, I can quickly and easily install the original plates to block the wind and water, but when it is in the 90s I can use the screen inserts and get some cool air on my legs. The air that comes through the inserts is not affected by the engine and you can really feel the difference. I keep whatever plate that I am not using in the bags and swap out takes a minute (as seen in the video) which can be seen at the link (Roadglide Forum Slideshow by Larry_Bartlett | Photobucket. At least for me, it was money well spent!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Looks good...Well done.

·
Registered
158 Posts
FYI the vent grills from Harley Ultra fit perfect in the Advanblack lowers that’s what I did. Can order them for $10 each

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
FYI the vent grills from Harley Ultra fit perfect in the Advanblack lowers that’s what I did. Can order them for $10 each
Yep, that is what I did. The Kuryakyn ones are nice, but to me they are not worth the extra money just to spray paint over them.

I keep the solid panels in the saddlebag too (in case of rain etc).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts