Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased some of this sythetic wax but haven't used it yet on my glide, I usually use turtle wax ice paste, so just looking for some feed back on this item if anyone has any, thanks fellas.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
To answer your question first, Griots makes some good stuff. Their new line of Correction Cream gets a lot of good reviews along with their new BOSS system. Their probably isn't anything wrong with the wax, good solid choice for the money. Griots makes way better stuff than the Turtle, its not even close.

I stopped putting wax on my vehicles and customers vehicles long ago. Wax is a dust magnet, and doesn't stay clean for very long. There are a couple very well done show cars I have polished out that the owners wanted the wax I have on hand put on, Wolfgang Fuzion. These cars are really garage queens and when they get washed its either waterless or rinse less washing. So, the longevity of the wax is pretty good.

After having a detailing side gig for a while I steer customers away from wax and talk to them of the advantages of a quality sealant. Last longer, stays cleaner longer, etc. Those are big things here in florida with the sun and the rain we get. Another plus to a sealant is it is much much easier to work with than a wax and its cheaper. Fuzion was $189. I can get a bottle of high quality sealant for $45 give or take a few.

One thing to remember is that for paint to look its best it has to be polished, correctly. Throwing a coat of wax on paint that is swirled out, its still going to be swirled out, but protected by the wax.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas, I also have moved away, I from wax and gone to sythetic it's more of a sealant than wax, not a fan of carnuba, like you mentioned lots of dust and IMO it doesn't last worth a damn, I also see that Griot's speed shine detailer is a nice product, I stopped using HD detail spray cause I wasn't impressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts