Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I got my Stage 2 done this week and when I jumped on the bike to leave the mechanics, I noticed my throttle assist was pointing straight up making it a pain to use the throttle. I thought this was odd because the grips are Avons and the throttle assist is screwed into the grip itself so it can't rotate on its own. So I was already on the road when it happened and after trying to adjust my grip on it, I noticed I could spin the grip forward (like you're trying to turn off the EITMS) and it would just keep spinning. So I spun the entire grip forward until the throttle assist was back where it was supposed to be.

Now, when I got the bike, you can read in another post how I was kind of disappointed with how sluggish the bike performed under 2500 while in 1st gear. So I took it out today in order to play around with the autotune to fix it, which didn't help.

So my question is - should the grip be able to spin like that and does anyone think it would have an impact on how sluggish my bike felt??

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The grip should NOT spin. It engages the gears on the throttle when put on correctly. Did you install them, or did someone else?
I installed them a month ago with no issues. The throttle still works as it should, it's only when it rotates towards the front of the bike the it spins (and I hear a clicking noise). Is it just loose? Not sure why my dealer would touch the bars/grips for a Stage 2 unless I installed it wrong and they just bumped it or something like that. I know I installed it correctly though.

·
Registered
847 Posts
More than likely, the controls and grip are not pushed far enough up on the handlebars to fully engage the TBW. Loosen everything up and push everything further up on the bar end, not to tight to jam the TBW so it turns hard because it's to tight. Make sure the gears mesh together by turning the grip while you move it further in.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More than likely, the controls and grip are not pushed far enough up on the handlebars to fully engage the TBW. Loosen everything up and push everything further up on the bar end, not to tight to jam the TBW so it turns hard because it's to tight. Make sure the gears mesh together by turning the grip while you move it further in.
Yup, that was the problem. I just came on to say that same exact thing when I read your post. I find it strange that it happened though. I assume the techs must have hit it or something. Oh well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts