Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I find there is not much in selection for grips out there in the big catalogues.

Any suggestions for blacked out bikes.
Performance Machine Renthal grips. Best grips I've ever had. And rebuildable. The rubber when it wears down just slice it off with a razor blade and slip on a new one for 15 bucks.

It's the first Mod I do. On any Bike.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You have a TBW, that is a post 2008 model? As already mentioned Avon makes some very comfortable grips like this Air-SS:

Btw it is easier to find grips for the old school twist throttle! :)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Performance Machine Renthal grips. Best grips I've ever had. And rebuildable. The rubber when it wears down just slice it off with a razor blade and slip on a new one for 15 bucks.

It's the first Mod I do. On any Bike.
I agree, best grip I've owned and rebuildable. Perfect for the Blacked out look

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have a set of Black Anodized PM Contour grips with Renthal. I used them for a few months but changed them out for a set of Avon Gatlin grips.
$65 plus shipping CONUSA.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Picked up a set of Avon Air Cushions at bike rally. Absolutely love 'em. Can't make a comparison to Renthal, since I've never tried those.

$60 installed. They said 10 min to install. I timed them, took them 8. Avon grips makes one thing and one thing only. Grips

The rubber is warrantied for as long as you own them. If the rubber wears out (and I just don't see that happening anytime soon) Avon will replace the rubber section of the grip or peg for $20 a set.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Simple is sometimes better. The HD coke bottle grips are great and work well with or without gloves .
May not look bad ass but good for a long ride.
Look around some more,grips are like scopes for an AR all kinds of them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Best I've Found

I always come back to some version of Chrome and Rubber grips.

I've tried the ISO (bulbus) grips and found them to big and lacking in control. I tried the Get-a-Grips and they were tp hard and I've tried other types that look good but either feel cold , hard and let every vibration come through.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
For some reason.... I have a difficult time with my hands going numb with standard size grips... I have tried a few over the years. I have found the Arlen Ness Deep Cut Comfort Grips work EXTREMELY well with no numbing and come in black as well as chrome. These are larger in diameter than the standard size grips

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
+1 to the Arlen Ness Deep Cut Grips. I've put them on both of my bikes AND my wife's bike (she's used to holding on to something with a bigger girth :wink:). I had the chrome and black on my old Vulcan and put the all black ones on my glide. Both look(ed) amazing. And as spazz said, the comfort level is very good. I've never had numb hands or cramping with these because of the good rubber inserts and also due to the size - they really are quite fat!

The other thing I love about them is the horizontal spacing between the rubber insets are nice for just holding/resting the pad of hand just below my fingers in. It allows me to maintain control of the throttle without wrapping my fingers around the grip.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
PM grips with Renthal rubber. Super comfortable. Was mentioned before, replace the rubber when it wears out. Hard to beat that

1 - 20 of 34 Posts