Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a initial tune they are sounding pretty good. Not broken in yet so not going to push them too hard. I have a sound stream pn4 1000.d bridged to them along with the DSP.
Impressions so far: Very well made speaker. They come with a adapter for the 6x9 lids and they fit perfectly on my lids. No trimming was needed. Sound quality is really really good. Very clear SQ. Highs are not harsh. Nice mid punch also.
More tuning to come.

Reactions: madmat and Mike U

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Congrats Philly glad to hear they’re sounding great for You.
When You have some time make a Video for Us so we can hear how well they sound.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts
Looking forward to a video. Initial thoughts on how they sounded compared to your 6x9 and which 6x9 did they replace? How’s the weight of the magnet and does it sit deeper than the 6x9 or about the same?

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 6900pros are big and heavy. If anything the GZ are lighter but not much. They might hang down a touch more then the 6900s, but the 6900s have that ugly tweeter poking up into the lid.
Initial thoughts on sound: they have a fuller sound, but don't seem to be as loud, YET. I might have to make a amp adjustment, not sure yet.
I got a tune sent to me from a great forum member on the other forum. Ill plug that in today and see how it does. Don't want to push them to hard right now. They need some more air time

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Where do you have your amp mounted?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 amps and a DSP are in the fairing. DSP wire is ran into the glove box. Hook the wire up to the lap top and it's go time

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I’d like to see a picture the next time you have the fairing off, if you don’t mind. I’m thinking about changing a few things, but I absolutely refuse to take up bag space with amps.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
I’d like to see a picture the next time you have the fairing off, if you don’t mind. I’m thinking about changing a few things, but I absolutely refuse to take up bag space with amps.

Dave, I have 3 Amps and a DSP along with a Positive and Ground block mounted in the fairing of My 2012 Custom.
I have 2 Soundigital 800.4 amps, 1 mounted behind each glove box, I have a Soundigital 250.4 mounted on the left side next to the gauges, I have a Digital Design DSI-2 mounted on top of the Sony MEX M100BT Head Unit and I have a Positive Block mounted on the right side below the gauges and a Ground Block mounted on the left side on the radio mount.
It's a tight fit but it works.
I will try and post photos from my phone later.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SS 1000d throttle side in-between fairing and glove box. DSP clutch side. Stinger amp on top of radio. Knu- concepts RCA cables and speaker wire, and power and ground wire

I will take a picture if I take it off.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Dave, I have 3 Amps and a DSP along with a Positive and Ground block mounted in the fairing of My 2012 Custom.
I have 2 Soundigital 800.4 amps, 1 mounted behind each glove box, I have a Soundigital 250.4 mounted on the left side next to the gauges, I have a Digital Design DSI-2 mounted on top of the Sony MEX M100BT Head Unit and I have a Positive Block mounted on the right side below the gauges and a Ground Block mounted on the left side on the radio mount.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

It’s a little messy in these photos but you get the idea. It’s since been cleaned up but I forgot to take new photos.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Hope this helps.
Mike U.
Interesting, I’d definitely like to see that , thinking about upgrading my 10 also.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts

It’s a little messy in these photos but you get the idea. It’s since been cleaned up but I forgot to take new photos.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

Looks good, but all that shiny chrome almost blinded me, lol. :grin:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good pictures Mike. I always forget to take them. I get tunnel vision when Im doing something its nuts.
When Im doing vehicles I set a reminder on my phone to take 50/50 shots and after finished shots though.
Its amazing the amount of stuff you can cram inside the fairing on a RG

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Good pictures Mike. I always forget to take them. I get tunnel vision when Im doing something its nuts.

When Im doing vehicles I set a reminder on my phone to take 50/50 shots and after finished shots though.

Its amazing the amount of stuff you can cram inside the fairing on a RG

Thanks Eric it takes a little maneuvering to get the fairing back in place but well worth it.
I’ll be posting Your Videos of your Sound System’s New Ground Zero 7x10’s as soon as I get home Bro.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First, thanks Mike for posting the videos for me. 2nd thanks to Juice for the tune enhancement. Cant thank you enough for your time.
Headphones are a must. Volume is at 20-25, tuned to 40. In the garage 20-25 is about as much until the mic starts to sound crappy.
So far so good. Very full clean sound and everything is blending together how it should. The clarity is really good and super clean. Like I was telling another member on the other forum, the GZ are super smooth sounding.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
You’re very welcome Eric.
I’m glad I was able to help You out Bro.
You got that Glide looking and sounding awesome.
Enjoy it Brother.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Mike. Lot of hours spent behind the polisher Mike! Take a little 1200 mile one way trip down here and we will polish yours up!!

Polish Angel Cosmic and High Gloss spray are no joke!

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Thanks Mike. Lot of hours spent behind the polisher Mike! Take a little 1200 mile one way trip down here and we will polish yours up!!

Polish Angel Cosmic and High Gloss spray are no joke!
You're more than welcome Bro and thank you too for the offer.
Mike U.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts