Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The claim has been made that it can be done. Product being offered for-sale. Remember this is the net and 50% of the net is a scan in one way or another. But the claim has been made that they figured it out. I have seen no proof it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
The claim has been made that it can be done. Product being offered for-sale. Remember this is the net and 50% of the net is a scan in one way or another. But the claim has been made that they figured it out. I have seen no proof it works.
I remember seeing stuff from facebook when the dude was testing it...in my opinion, unless you had a REALLY good deal on one of the head units, there's probably better equipment to spend all that bread on.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have pre ordered this harness and Ive got a radio lined up for purchase so well see if it works

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember seeing stuff from facebook when the dude was testing it...in my opinion, unless you had a REALLY good deal on one of the head units, there's probably better equipment to spend all that bread on.
System that came in my 2017 does more than I will ever use. Has the WHIM in it so I could get rid of the cable.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I know that the '19-up radios will interrogate your ECM at power up for the VIN and if it's not a '19-up VIN, the headunit will not work. I asked some motor company reps about this exact thing the last 2 weeks while I was at the factory for training and they wouldn't give me any answer other than "I can't comment on any possible future product developement".

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that the '19-up radios will interrogate your ECM at power up for the VIN and if it's not a '19-up VIN, the headunit will not work. I asked some motor company reps about this exact thing the last 2 weeks while I was at the factory for training and they wouldn't give me any answer other than "I can't comment on any possible future product developement".
That is kind of why I question it. It had been reported it looks for VIN and some car radios do.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I like the GTS, but I wouldn't spend that much to upgrade to it. The same thing happened we I bought my wifes Durango. The next model year came out with a new radio with CarPlay. It's a little easier to upgrade that and it's still not worth the money to me.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That is kind of why I question it. It had been reported it looks for VIN and some car radios do.
There is a dealer in Austria that already did it. They wouldn't say how they did it but I saw the video. So it can be done.
Not saying it couldn’t be done, but the cost versus benefit probably makes it not worth it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
The item the OP posted 100% works. I’ve talked to Peter Jensen who owns Soundz multiple times and I’ve seen multiple videos from him. I don’t know how it works but it does. That being said, i think it’s overpriced and once you add the price of a gts radio it’s no where near worth it in my opinion. You’re changing a sub par radio for another sub par radio with a couple new options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I wonder if HD has a plan in a year or two to come out with their own add on to retro fit the new setup. They have it where only their wireless/Bluetooth headsets will work in stereo. They very well may plan the same for the head unit.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Agreed. Now whether or not it's worth $450 + the cost of a 2019 head unit is another story...................
I don't think it is and I have one on my bike...:grin:

Don't get me wrong I like the radio and I like having CarPlay on it. But would I put one in if I already had the older one....NO

·
Registered
22 Posts
A couple of dealers have made it work by replacing the ECM with one form a CVO. Expensive way to do it plus they can get away with getting around needing to have a CVO vin. The adapter from Soundz is legit. Pete has been working on it for months and I have seen it work.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Only way this is worth it in my opinion is if i could get a radio and everything to make it work for around a grand. For that price I’d jump on it. The cheapest used radio I’ve seen is $1350 and new from a discount dealer is $1600 plus $450 for the part from Soundz. Extremely too much for a sub par radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts