Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Buddy and I just took a ride to New Orleans from Tampa, Fl. Took I-10 out there, but took a long slow ride along the gulf coast on the return trip. What an awesome 2 days. Anyone that has the opportunity to make this trip should give it a try. Beautiful ride. A lot of the ride is right along the water.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
My Buddy and I just took a ride to New Orleans from Tampa, Fl. Took I-10 out there, but took a long slow ride along the gulf coast on the return trip. What an awesome 2 days. Anyone that has the opportunity to make this trip should give it a try. Beautiful ride. A lot of the ride is right along the water.
Shoulda gave me a shout.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How was New Orleans once you got there?? Me and a bud are planning our yearly ride in June 2012 and are thinking about New Orleans, but I've read numerous writings saying it is not biker friendly. Parking issues, bike security issues, etc etc etc. Any info would be appreciated....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
How was New Orleans once you got there?? Me and a bud are planning our yearly ride in June 2012 and are thinking about New Orleans, but I've read numerous writings saying it is not biker friendly. Parking issues, bike security issues, etc etc etc. Any info would be appreciated....
Contact the N.O. Chamber of Tourism. They will give you info on M/C friendly parking.

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
Dude ,next time take the back roads. Take 19 up to 98 or 20 . It's a great ride. It takes about the same time maybe 45 minutes longer then using 75/10 going from Tampa to Fort Walton Beach.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
nice , it only took 2 days ?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
A couple friends went down this summer. Destin then New Orleans. They had a great time in N.O. although we didn't get into particulars about parking etc.

If you're planning your yearly trip why not make it in July, meet up with Hutmo in New Orleans for his Gypsy tour to Shark Week II in Iowa. Should be a great time and trip

·
Registered
69 Posts
A couple friends went down this summer. Destin then New Orleans. They had a great time in N.O. although we didn't get into particulars about parking etc.

If you're planning your yearly trip why not make it in July, meet up with Hutmo in New Orleans for his Gypsy tour to Shark Week II in Iowa. Should be a great time and trip
Thanks for the info... I feel better about committing to New Orleans now for our trip. Unfortunately I already submitted and was approved the vacation, and in my line of work it's damn near impossible to change, so I (we) are locked in for June. Now just comes the paradox of riding the Interstate to get there quicker or plan a "off the beatin" path and take sun up to sun down to get there... :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts