Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Never seen in person but have read and heard very positive reviews on Capt Itch's products.

I prefer to carry and already have a simple padded soft gun carry case for the times I do have it in the saddlebag.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Intersting

I carry on my person but for a backup that would be an idea. It would be a bit conspicuous when you retrieved it but I guess it could be done. I'd like to see it in person.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
The gun holster from Captain Itch would be a good option to store your gun in states that you ride through that don’t honor your CCW permit.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The floorboard model that was mentioned also appears to be photo shopped. Theres no way a full or mid sized semi auto will fit in a floor board with all the protective foam they show in the pic. Plus, if it is real, its a completely useless product IMO. If you need that piece in a hurry, it aint happening.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
When i carry it is always on my side,if traveling thru a state that does not allow it i have a one gun lock box bolted to the inside bottom of my tour pack.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The floorboard model that was mentioned also appears to be photo shopped. Theres no way a full or mid sized semi auto will fit in a floor board with all the protective foam they show in the pic. Plus, if it is real, its a completely useless product IMO. If you need that piece in a hurry, it aint happening.

Lil Chief
Well i shoot just as well with a M&P Shield as I do with a glock 19. Reaching for something is reaching for something. (Bag, glove box, vest, foot rest) I think the foot rest idea sucks while riding sure but when stopped just the same IMO.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Oh I agree with ya Lurch. Generally a piece is on me, where it belongs, & on long distance rides it goes in a gun rug in either the saddle bag or tour pak. I'm just sayin, if the shit hits the fan, it aint gonna do ya no good while you're fumblin with keys trying to unlock a floorboard, mainly cuz all fine motor skills are lost in high stress or adrenaline dump situations. BTW, I set my Glock 42 on top of my floorboard today & it aint gonna work unless theres no mag in it & the front sites would get beat to hell. If those floor boards are for real, then they would have to be way oversized to fit all the crap they show it fitting. Either way, I just dont think hiding a gun in a floor board is a very good idea.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was more worried about the depth of the board being unrealistic for turning and such. I would leave them unlocked while riding.

Personally I'm getting a holster that attaches to the front saddle bag bolt/pin. Unless I get a better idea from someone or another source. Last gun shop wanted me to look at the 43. I'm sure I'll go thru a few models before having a fav. I try to hit the range and try diff models when I'm not buying bike parts lol.

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
The gun holster from Captain Itch would be a good option to store your gun in states that you ride through that don’t honor your CCW permit.

As long as you remember that many if not all of those states require the piece to be unloaded and in a locked compartment , and the ammunition locked in a separate compartment , also some states require the piece to be disassembled ..

JtB

·
Registered
973 Posts
I was more worried about the depth of the board being unrealistic for turning and such. I would leave them unlocked while riding.

Personally I'm getting a holster that attaches to the front saddle bag bolt/pin. Unless I get a better idea from someone or another source. Last gun shop wanted me to look at the 43. I'm sure I'll go thru a few models before having a fav. I try to hit the range and try diff models when I'm not buying bike parts lol.
I shot the 43 and really didn't care for it. It seemed to have a little too much recoil. Several other guys I know said the same thing. I think Glock tried to put the 9mm punch into such a light package, with a heavy trigger pull, and it just ain't working for me. The 42, on the other hand, has the same trigger pull but has very little recoil.

Lil' Chief

1 - 20 of 41 Posts