Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
This is my first Harley so not sure what the concensus is on this forum, although brand shouldn't make any difference. It has ALWAYS been my understanding that you do not need to purchase / install a fuel processor until you are introducing more air INTO the motor. In other words, change out the exhaust, no issues but as soon as you install a new intake / breather then you need a processor.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
What he said ^^^. No problem at all with just de-catting the head pipe.

Don't mix up the O2 sensors.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
The bungs on the head pipe are marked one has a G cast next to it (grey plug) the other has a B cast next to it ( black plug) referring to the plugs under the side cover on the end of the o2 wire.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
i thought that since the o2s are after the cat a richer after burn will cause them to make a lean adjustment and there fore make the bike leaner and hotter?
Maybe, but by the seat of your pants feel, my bike ran cooler. I guess the little hotter the bike picks up , is still a lot less heat then what the cat produced. It even ran cooler after adding the FL vied 10 fuel management.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.