Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a few months ago, I had a guy try to steal my bike!!! He dropped it on both sides, then took off. Later on, he stole a police SUV, was shot, and led cops on a chase before wrecking out. Crazy!!! I just got it back out of the shop... ImageUploadedByMO Free1394355124.615605.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
At least a they shot him.... :D Just kidding, (not really), bike looks good. Did you get the custom paint job as a result?

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I just asked Texoma HD how much more it would be to break up all that orange and they talked to the painter, and he came up with a design I liked. The bags, inner, outer, and lower fairings were all going to have to be painted anyway. It's like a brand new bike.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Amazing he was able to drop it on both sides ~ Glad they shot him ~ I usually give up when I drop em on one side ~ There are some real POS's on the planet ~ SemperFi

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys, a few months ago, I had a guy try to steal my bike!!! He dropped it on both sides, then took off. Later on, he stole a police SUV, was shot, and led cops on a chase before wrecking out. Crazy!!! I just got it back out of the shop... View attachment 101169

Two things out of it:

A cool story that is hard to top.

A cool new paint job. That looks sharp.

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
Too bad they didnt blow is balls off. ( and I'm not kidding ) A story to tell for a long time. Now ride it like ya stole it. :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Had scum of the earth try to steal mine at a rally last year too. Luckily My buddy and his wife were out sitting by them and he happened to have his Concealed carry and had his 9mm on him. He showed it and they walked.

Like the paint though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool thing is, my son (15) was home with his sister (10). She heard a horn honk, a radio blaring, and then a crash in the garage. She went out to see what was going on and he was laying underneath it on the left side. He waved and said "Hi". She slams the door, locks it and gets my son. My son comes to the door and asks/tells the guy, "What are you doing? Who are you? That's my dad's bike. Why are you doing this?" and the guy responds with, "I just want to go for a ride" every time. My son tells my daughter to get in the closet, grabs my Beretta 9mm, chambers a round, calls the police, and is watching to make sure the guy doesn't try to come into the house. The guy sees him, drops the bike, and takes off. When I got there it was laying on the right side. I had to help the investigator lift it up, barely touching it making sure not to disturb the fingerprints. Do you know how hard it is to lift that heavy sumbitch without touching the places we normally touch? Anyway, the whole thing seems surreal. I'm just thankful he didn't try to go inside the house.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amazing he was able to drop it on both sides ~ Glad they shot him ~ I usually give up when I drop em on one side ~ There are some real POS's on the planet ~ SemperFi

Haha...yeah, I didn't know about that until the investigator started asking my daughter which side he was underneath it...I was like, "Damn, how did he get it up the first time?" Surely there had to have been someone else. Poor bastard didn't realize he needed the key fob to start it...lol

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
2nd that on the good for nothin trying to come into the house. In Texas too!

on a less serious note- don't touch my bike (once) don't touch it I'll knock down (twice), third time usually don't happen:D But to dropp it then flopp it?

Must a been a lot of grunting to get your bike back up abnormally, might need med attention. Hell Iam proud for you and yours:)

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Some people are just a waste of good air but not a waste of good lead, the SOB deserved to be shot. Good thing you instructed the boy how to use a firearm at a young age so he knew how to protect himself and his sister if needed. Bike looks great!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts