Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1
The details for the 2021 Gypsy Tour are now on the Road Glide National Rally Website as is the link to sign up if you are interested. Even if you are not certain feel free to sign up, just et me know if you need to be removed from the list.

This year we will start in Cheyenne, WY and then go to Salt Lake City, Ely NV and then on to Tahoe. 3 days with some real nice riding on the Lonliest Road and a stay in the super motorcycle friendly Hotel Nevada in Ely. A must do experience.

I look forward to seeing some old and new friends out on the journey to Sharkweek 11!

NOTE: Hotels have not been booked but they will before the end of this coming week.

HUTMO
Chris Hutter
_

Website

https://www.roadglidenationalrally.com/index.php/gypsy-tour

Gypsy Tour 2021 Sign Up Form

Registered
hmmmmmm

@Jeff_S

@HUTMO ...Chris how do the hotels get booked....you do it....or if we are interested, do we? ....or are the rooms blocked and when we show up we pay?

Administrator
Discussion Starter #4
Lu,

I will post the hotels shortly. Riders are responsible for booking rooms. I will block off some at each hotel to hep make certain we have what we need.

CH

Registered
Lu,

I will post the hotels shortly. Riders are responsible for booking rooms. I will block off some at each hotel to hep make certain we have what we need.

CH
OK cool, Jeff and I are thinking of doing the Tour.

We are discussing what to do for 6 days before meeting everybody in Cheyenne. Black Hills.....Million Dollar Highway.....Monument Valley...lots of options...

Premium Member
Never rode w the Gypsy Tour before, always arriving at SW from some odd angle at some weird time. But maybe this year, because...you know, the thing, man!

Registered
all signed up (y):cool:

Reactions: Jeff_S

Premium Member
There are at least fourteen named mountain passes and summits along the paved SWXI Gypsy Tour route between Salt Lake City and Minden. There are another ten within a few miles of the route, and more than twenty within 50 miles of Minden--some of which are among the most scenic in the west.

Point being...if you enjoy riding to / over mountain passes and that sort of thing (like me), you can find online maps and downloadable KML, GPX and Excel files for thousands of US gaps and passes to plug into your trip planner at:

https://ridethedivides.org/by-region-paved-only

No money involved here, just a hobby website. :geek: Also, if you like collecting achievement stickers, you can join Rever.com's RevZilla PassClimber Challenge for free, and they will send you stickers when you reach 10, 25, 50, 75 and 100.

Registered
For those not in facebook, Chris (Hutmo) posted the following (he said it was ok to post here....)

Gypsy Tour Hotel Reservation # 1

Hotel Nevada
501 E Aultman St
Ely, NV 89301

Saturday, June 26

1-888-406-3055

No group booking, call and get it done! It will fill up quickly...

Administrator
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Lu. I owe you a cold beverage!

I have been pretty busy lately but as you can see, Gypsy Tour 2021 is taking shape

Hotels for Cheyenne and Salt lake City have not been decided on yet. Stay tuned...

Chris

Registered
For those not in facebook, Chris (Hutmo) posted the following (he said it was ok to post here....)

Gypsy Tour Hotel Reservation # 1

Hotel Nevada
501 E Aultman St
Ely, NV 89301

Saturday, June 26

1-888-406-3055

No group booking, call and get it done! It will fill up quickly...
Thanks for the reservation info above. Does anyone know more about the hotel in Salt Lake? I looked on Facebook and didn't see anything there.

Registered
Thanks for the reservation info above. Does anyone know more about the hotel in Salt Lake? I looked on Facebook and didn't see anything there.
I haven't seen anything either. I'll PM Chris.

Reactions: woverby

Registered
Ride safe and see you in Tahoe

Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
Hank, my dog, is gonna know what duct tape and zip ties feel like...
those are sweet roads.

Registered
FYI, before I could PM Chris he posted on facebook that info on the remaining hotels should be known in a day or two...

Reactions: woverby and Jeff_S

Registered
1 - 19 of 19 Posts