Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All ! Does anyone know the procedure for the initial settings of the new H-D hand adjustable premium rear shocks? I have mine set in the middle setting....seems pretty firm to me. I didn't know if you had to crank them all the way down then back up to pre-set them. Or just set somewhere in the middle and go from there. I bought a set and of course there were no instructions on settings. Thanks to all that reply :)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
just mess around with them until you find a setting you like. If you feel firm in the middle I would go full softest and work my way up. Technically you should set them by using the sag method. It takes two people. figure out what your shocks travel is. something like 4 inches and when the bike is without your weight lift up on the bike to fully max the suspension up. then have a friend hold the bike while you sit on it and measure the amount of sag in the suspension you should sag about 1/3 of the original suspension travel.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I tried the sag method but could get no movement out of the shocks when I sat on the bike.
Following this, I just backed them off all the way and put some miles on.
I tightened them up a little bit as needed. I usually add in another 3/4 to full turn if I ride with a passenger.

Not very scientific,:rolleyes: but it worked for me.

PS: They did seem to take a little while to settle in to the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts