Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Uncle on the 59' Sportster with me (as a wee tyke) in my avitar, ran with a Buddy and the boys from Berdo for a while in the early 60's. When they showed up at his Buddy's desert house and decided to stay for a week, and then another week, and another, my Uncle decided that getting patched was not worth the grief. His Buddy almost lost the house, his marriage, and his job during the experience. They were all good Guy's as individuals, true loyal friends to their last breath (even today 50 years later), but not always pleasant when the Club got headed in a disagreeable direction. He said they were incredible riders, much more capable in the dirt and at speed than any photos could relate. Riders would check out and enter desert races, and trophy with the best riders of the day without the MC creating a memorable presence like later years.

A video of the Big Bear Run 1960 to get a feel for the era.

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ThAt's a cool story -- thnx for sharing !

The Uncle on the 59' Sportster with me (as a wee tyke) in my avitar, ran with a Buddy and the boys from Berdo for a while in the early 60's. When they showed up at his Buddy's desert house and decided to stay for a week, and then another week, and another, my Uncle decided that getting patched was not worth the grief. His Buddy almost lost the house, his marriage, and his job during the experience. They were all good Guy's as individuals, true loyal friends to their last breath (even today 50 years later), but not always pleasant when the Club got headed in a disagreeable direction. He said they were incredible riders, much more capable in the dirt and at speed than any photos could relate. Riders would check out and enter desert races, and trophy with the best riders of the day without the MC creating a memorable presence like later years.

A video of the Big Bear Run 1960 to get a feel for the era.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Very cool,thanks for sharing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts