Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
That hail was defintily hurt... We ran in to some on our PNW M&G, and I was extremly glad I was wearing my FF helmet. Oddly enough, that was the first time I had worn that helmet in about 5 years.

Rowdy

·
Registered
376 Posts
All I can think to say is " THAT SUCKS!!".

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
What time did that happen? I remember a quick rain late in the day (I was drinking a few beers at our cabin) in Southern Rapid City. Didn't get any hail. But it did get REALLY windy.

I got caught in the famous hail storm of 2010 just outside of Deadwood. I actually thought I was going to die.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was late in the day maybe 7 or so?, and yes windy as heck coming down that hill after exit to Wall. Almost blew us off the road. We had just gone past an overpass with a bunch of bikes under it when seconds later the hail hit. They could see us from there for sure, I'm sure they were having a good laugh.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
It was late in the day maybe 7 or so?, and yes windy as heck coming down that hill after exit to Wall. Almost blew us off the road. We had just gone past an overpass with a bunch of bikes under it when seconds later the hail hit. They could see us from there for sure, I'm sure they were having a good laugh.

Yep, that's about the time I said to my wife "There are some really unhappy bikers on the road right about now" ...... as I was opening another beer, under the carport, sitting in my lawn chair. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ouch! The weather out there can get nasty real quick and there are not many places to hide.

I got caught in one just east of Wall on 7/24. Fortunately, I had gotten off at the Interior, SD exit to check the weather radar. Ducked under the gas station canopy before it let loose. Mostly rain and wind but you never know if there will be hail.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That hail was defintily hurt... We ran in to some on our PNW M&G, and I was extremly glad I was wearing my FF helmet. Oddly enough, that was the first time I had worn that helmet in about 5 years.

Rowdy
i wonder if that's like 'it's going to rain right after you wash your car'
maybe it hailed only because you chose to wear your helmet that day.. LOL:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
We ran into that last year man that $hi# hurts. I took a nickle size hail stone off my lip that hurt like a bit$h. We got lucky though because I read in the paper the next day that the same storm flipped a 18 wheeler on the highway near Wall and blew over 2 bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts