Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
@rlaf75 the H-D ones say they won’t fit because you’d need a load equalizer if you go all the way around. If you just do fronts or just do rears they will work but if you do all four corners they’ll blink fast. And that is gonna happen with ANY LEDs if you do all four.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
@rlaf75 the H-D ones say they won’t fit because you’d need a load equalizer if you go all the way around. If you just do fronts or just do rears they will work but if you do all four corners they’ll blink fast. And that is gonna happen with ANY LEDs if you do all four.
I guess with canbus that’s not an issue?

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
924 Posts
My buddy is the parts manager at my local HD dealer and he just told me they have a display set up with the HD lights I posted. I'll go to check those out sometime next week. I checked the HD website to check the fitment for my 09 and it says they wont fit it. I like the kuryakan lights better so I may just wait until those come off of backorder. We'll see what happens
Duct tape? Works wonders....🤪😉

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah I didn't even think of that. I already have the CD's in the front and the cvo tail lights in the back. I already have the CD equalizer on the bike now so they'll work for me. I'm gonna go check them out next week at the dealer to see if I lie them. Between the HD version and the Kuryakyn version I'm partial to the Kuryakyns but they are backordered. We'll see

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well I stopped by my local dealer on my way to work today. They have a display set up with their new lights. I liked them and they had them in stock so I bought a set for the front. I think the quality is fantastic but what a pain in the ass to pop into the light housing. I couldn't get them to push in all the way. I wound up having to file down the three little tits on the light to get them to finally snap into place. Seriously what a pain in the ass. I don't have any pictures because I didn't even think about while getting frustrated trying to install them but I will say they are brighter than the CD's I had in. I will see how they are on my ride home from work tonight

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not to be a thread hacker but DANG, those Kury ones are slick as owl shit!

·
Administrator
12,640 Posts
Did you try Chrome Glow?

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Not to be a thread hacker but DANG, those Kury ones are slick as owl shit!
They are. I probably would've went with those but they are on backorder until sometime in May or June. The HD ones are different but pretty cool too though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I forget the name or model of them but I currently have the CD front turn signals with the white ring that changes to amber when the turn signals are activated. I like the but I'm wondering if there are others that have the Halo style solid ring instead of the multiple single diode LED ring. I checked CD's website and they don't appear to have anything like it. What are some other other light companies that make LED's?
I am running the H-D Signature LEDs, they have the solid halo front (white halo running light w amber turn, white halo turns off when amber signal is on) and rear (red halo running light with red center stop, both on for stop), and are very solidly made with potted electronics with lenses, all one piece. I really like them and they are very bright and priced about the same as CD. And super easy to install

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I had only the H-D fronts, the indicator had a double time flash rate, but the signals functioned correctly.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts