1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Very interested. Just curious why you are selling. Didn't work for you? Find something you liked better?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very interested. Just curious why you are selling. Didn't work for you? Find something you liked better?
I really like the Hammock. Im 5'6" and it sits me a little higher then I like and its a little wider which doesn't help with me being vertically challenged. You can demo the Hammock at your local HD for a weekend and see if you like it. Other then that its a great seat.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Not for nothing eddie, but have you considered modifing the seat?

You can have the sides shaved down so as to allow your legs to be closer and eliminate most of the vertically challenging part. (I know all aout that at 5'7")

Just thinking out loud.

Mike

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not for nothing eddie, but have you considered modifing the seat?

You can have the sides shaved down so as to allow your legs to be closer and eliminate most of the vertically challenging part. (I know all aout that at 5'7")

Just thinking out loud.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I actually did contact a couple of people about modifying the seat. I ended up coming across a deal on a Corbin that I couldn't pass up. I am thinking about sending it to Corbin and having the gel insert installed.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thanks Mike. I actually did contact a couple of people about modifying the seat. I ended up coming across a deal on a Corbin that I couldn't pass up. I am thinking about sending it to Corbin and having the gel insert installed.
Not sure if you looked into Mean City Cycles or not but they seem to have a good reputation and the prices are decent. I think thats where I am going to send my solo seat over the winter to get redone.

I will have to call them and make sure they can do what I want, which is to make it closer to a CVO seat, rather than what I have now, which is a pan with a little padding.

It looks cool but it lacks in the comfort department.

Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
Eddie,

You mentioned the seat sets you higher and is a little wider. No problem for me, I'm 6'2". Does the seat set you back any? I have a tall boy and like sitting back a few more inches.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eddie,

You mentioned the seat sets you higher and is a little wider. No problem for me, I'm 6'2". Does the seat set you back any? I have a tall boy and like sitting back a few more inches.[/QUOTE
I’m not sure about the sitting back part. I bought the seat when I bought the bike. I’ve changed bars since then. If I can get home early enough today I’ll go for a ride and let you know. For som reason I remember it being pretty close to the stock seat as far as position but I can’t remember.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys I just got home. Haven't had time to check the seat yet. I honestly before I shelled out any money for this seat I would go demo one from the Harley shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello, im 6- 2 also have hammock on my 16 rg, the seating position is closer to stock works great for me and wife, I ride a lot about 12 k a year
bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts