Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Hammock seat (52000003A) for my 2016 Road Glide Special. I also have installed an adjustable backrest (52596-09A). I did a lot of research prior to purchasing the hammock seat and did not find anything that told me the adjustable backrest will not work with the hammock seat on my bike. Has anyone else had this problem? Will the standard backrest bracket work with this seat? Or, am I doing something wrong trying to install this seat?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I'm riding a loaner rgu with the adjustable back rest. The stock seat sucks so I put my hammock on. No issues. My Hammock is for my 16 RGS. One thing I had to do is make sure the mount was all the way pushed back. You'll have to slip in the back rest and push it to its furthest rearward position. See if that works.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Not sure about the 16 but there are exactly zero issues with my hammock heated seat and adjustable back rest. What seems to be the issue? My only advice is to add an extra patch of leather or wearable material between the seat cover and the back rest mount to prevent wear through in that area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts