Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 FLTRU, I’m considering upgrading my stock seat to possibly a Hammock seat. I’m 5’9” with a 33” inseam and around 175 lbs. I’m a long distance driver and love real long all day rides.
I wouldn’t mind moving back from the gas tank at all and would prefer at least another 1” back.
My question is; will a Hammock lower or move me back any at all or is there a seat as comfy as the Hammock that will move me back? Lower is ok too but not really necessary but still welcomed.
Thanks in advance! Like this Shark Tank forum.

JT in Southern Iowa

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hammock Seat

I have a 2019 FLTRU, I’m considering upgrading my stock seat to possibly a Hammock seat. I’m 5’9” with a 33” inseam and around 175 lbs. I’m a long distance driver and love real long all day rides.
I wouldn’t mind moving back from the gas tank at all and would prefer at least another 1” back.
My question is; will a Hammock lower or move me back any at all or is there a seat as comfy as the Hammock that will move me back? Lower is ok too but not really necessary but still welcomed.
Thanks in advance! Like this Shark Tank forum.

JT in Southern Iowa
I have the Hammock Heated Touring Seat, P/N 52000177. It was lower than stock on my '17 RGU. Sitting further back, I can't say.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Have you taken a 125 mile ride on a Hammock seat? I demo'd one from the dealer and couldn't wait to return it. It just hit me wrong on my pressure points. There is an azz for every seat and a seat for every azz and the Hammock was not for me.

Your local dealer should have demo seats for you to try. Maybe it will be great for you.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I've got the hammock and it works great for me for all day rides. For me though, it seemed to sit me up higher than what I was used to, and I wish it was a little further set back. But, my previous seat on my old bike had been dropped an inch down & back by Mean City . . . and they won't touch a hammock because of the construction. I wish my hammock didn't match the bike so well and eliminate butt-burn completely for me, because I'd get something else that dropped me down a little lower/backer.

I agree w/ TWA . . . . the quest for the perfect seat really varies by person. Hope you find what works for you!

Reactions: ALMOONEY

·
Registered
138 Posts
As mentioned before it depends on the rider and his butt. Me personally the Hammock is very comfortable. Unfortunately it does raise you up about an 1" ,and I think your sitting in the stock position,definitely not sitting further back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used a DEMO from the dealership and it was horrible. My buddy also had a hammock and told me to try his. 10x better than the DEMO. No idea why but it just was. Like others have said, it will raise you up a bit.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Purchased one. Worked well for me. Little more room than I needed but I liked it. After a long trip it was not working for my wife so off it came. Sat here a while and I mailed it to someone I known that needed a seat. Bet he is still trying to figure out where it came from.
As said it will raise you up about an inch and to give you more room and a bigger saddle it come out of the passenger part

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a CVO seat that looks great but is very uncomfortable. I like it for pictures. I purchased a Mustang Super Solo and it is better then the stock CVO seat but still hurt after 80 miles. I took the Hammock for a ride and could not wipe the grin off my face, super comfortable. However I ruined the look of my CVO. Oh well I rather be riding in comfort then sitting in style. Best seat I have ever been on and it actually makes you think you did something to your suspension as well.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have a CVO seat that looks great but is very uncomfortable. I like it for pictures. I purchased a Mustang Super Solo and it is better then the stock CVO seat but still hurt after 80 miles. I took the Hammock for a ride and could not wipe the grin off my face, super comfortable. However I ruined the look of my CVO. Oh well I rather be riding in comfort then sitting in style. Best seat I have ever been on and it actually makes you think you did something to your suspension as well.
Hammer,
I have a Hammock (non-heat) that I want to sell. I have about 2K miles on it and it does move me back a little and at my short inseam, it just doesn’t work me. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
As mentioned before it depends on the rider and his butt. Me personally the Hammock is very comfortable. Unfortunately it does raise you up about an 1" ,and I think your sitting in the stock position,definitely not sitting further back.
Exactly this. ^^^^^

What I run. Now is the P&A Low profile solo with the airhawk r for long rides. I did 3500 miles in 8 days and didn't regret not using my Hammock. My buddy used it in his Limited. His opinion was it's the greatest seat he's ridden in. And I'm good with it too. Just didn't fit with the look of my bike.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hammer,
I have a Hammock (non-heat) that I want to sell. I have about 2K miles on it and it does move me back a little and at my short inseam, it just doesn’t work me. PM me if interested.
I appreciate the offer but my bike is at Harley now getting a recall done and I already ordered the heated seat. Thanks again

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have a heated hammock seat-done 8 or 9 700 mile days-luv the hammock-a buddy put on his bike for 15 min. said he hated it-however he complains about a little air turbulence with a full face helmet-go figure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts