Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am struggling with what to do with my seat. I have a low profile crock seat I use around town and the stock seat for longer distance on my 2011 RG Custom. I'm taking a 2,800 mile trip with my wife on the back this summer. I was planning on looking into a Hamock seat. However, someone very close to me is selling a Heated Sun Ray seat for $350. Seems like a good deal. Thoughts on the Hammock vs a Sun Ray? Included a pic of my bike and the Sun Ray I'm considering.....
B2FAA500-57E5-440B-ADB1-88EE9B848426.jpeg
F760D854-5080-449D-8F8C-2BFAF9239D1F.png

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have only had the hammock, if you don’t want the heated seat hook me up and I will send you my 2020 limited factory seat FOC.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only had the hammock, if you don’t want the heated seat hook me up and I will send you my 2020 limited factory seat FOC.
Would there even be much difference between the '20 factory seat and the 2011 OEM that I use for long distance?

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
205 Posts
A seat is a personal choice obviously. I tested out the Hammock on my road glide. I was able to keep it for a few days from my local dealer. By the time I got home that day I already took it off the bike and put it in my car and took it back. I didn’t like how much it raised me up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A seat is a personal choice obviously. I tested out the Hammock on my road glide. I was able to keep it for a few days from my local dealer. By the time I got home that day I already took it off the bike and put it in my car and took it back. I didn’t like how much it raised me up.
I'm definitely a little concerned about getting raised up too far which is a negative on the hammock. I like sitting further into the bike. Plus I'm 6'4" so I don't want to get propped up in the air too high with how low profile my windshield is.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Would there even be much difference between the '20 factory seat and the 2011 OEM that I use for long distance?
Would give you an extra one to send to mean city, a lot of guys hear rave about them and they customize it to you?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Would give you an extra one to send to mean city, a lot of guys hear rave about them and they customize it to you?
To answer your question my first tourer was a 13 and this seat is much better that’s why it’s still on it just want a heated seat

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Don't think you'll lose any money on the one local to you if you don't like it. Hammock is comfy but does sit you up higher. I recently switched from a Hammock to a Tallboy so I can sit lower in the bike. It's at a local shop now getting recovered and an extra inch added in the back for my wife.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I only bought a Hammock for the wife because the passenger part is worthless. When she isn’t with me I put on the stock 2015 RGS seat because it’s perfectly comfortable for me not to mention a great looking seat. At 6‘1 I even run the stock windshield which works perfect for my height and even better for those under 6 feet tall. The hammock raises you up and pushes you forward in my experience and well it’s ugly like most over padded touring seats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts