Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my recent ride to Montana, I realized that I really need something more to keep the wind and rain off of my hands during the winter months. What recommendations do you have regarding hand guards or control muffs that you have tried?

I've been looking at the Memphis Shades hard hand guards and a variety of muffs that fit over the controls but I'd really like to hear your personal recommendations. Thanks in advance all!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roadspud, I have a set of JD Customs hand guards and they work very well in my opinion.
Here's a link, JD Customs & Fabrications L.L.C. ? Stainless Steel Powdercoated Coffin Cut Wind Guards.

Mike,

Thanks for the information! I checked out the link and these appear to be a solid option.

Any chance that you could post a couple of pics showing what they look like installed? Do you have any issues with having enough space to use the clutch or front brake levers?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,

Never mind about the pics, I found several on Google and I went ahead and ordered a set. Thanks again for the information!

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have heated grips. They are fantastic, but when it gets really cold, I also wear those heated gloves and jacket from HD. They are expensive but worth. They need installation in the bike and are controlled via bluetooth

·
Registered
6,816 Posts

PSUUUUU, here’s a pic of the left side. I’ll snap a better pic of both later when I have a chance.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts

PSUUUUU, here’s a pic of the left side. I’ll snap a better pic of both later when I have a chance.
Mike U.

Nice picture. I have a 2017 RGS with Low Z handlebars and a clearview curved windshield. When i turn the wheel there is only 1 inch clearance. How far out do the wind guards stick out? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Something about your thread brings to mind Muff Divers Local #69....

The Muff Diver Local #69 is a dedicated force focused on one goal: satisfaction. This group is like the Green Berets of going south of the equator and getting business done. Unlike the Polar Bear Club, the Muff Diver Local #69 rejects jumping into a frigid environment for a short period of time. Instead, they prefer diving into a warm, friendly area and spending hours upon hours there. These trained professionals make sure to get into those hard to reach areas and get the job done. The motto "No Muff Too Tuff, We Dive At Five" is a display of their dedication to their important cause.....

its crazy where my mind goes :grin::surprise::grin:

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Nice picture. I have a 2017 RGS with Low Z handlebars and a clearview curved windshield. When i turn the wheel there is only 1 inch clearance. How far out do the wind guards stick out? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

Here’s a pic of both the hand guards
only go about 1/4” past the end of the levers.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have had mine on my Rig for about 4 years now and keep them on year round.

It's amazing how many bug hit them "Head On"! Lol

Between, heated jacket liner, heated gloves, heated grips, FF helmet and hand shields. Nothing but per nirvana!

Of course, I had to match mine to the fastest color!

>:)

YB

Attachments

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Here’s a pic of both the hand guards
only go about 1/4” past the end of the levers.
Are those the large?

Looks like they might be a tght fit wearing gloves? room between the lever and the shield?

I commute pretty much year round so these would be great..

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Are those the large?

Looks like they might be a tght fit wearing gloves? room between the lever and the shield?

I commute pretty much year round so these would be great..

mastergunnera8, they're large.
I always wear gloves when riding and have no problem, even with my heated gloves.
The Hand Guards are slightly adjustable too.
Hope this helps.
MIke U.

·
Registered
144 Posts
National Cycle Handguards- they are clear, but i painted the backsides of them.
Would you be able to measure them? I have the low z handlebar and a larger windshield and there is very little room right now so unless I roll the bar forward, I will have to stick with gloves. Neither the Memphis shades or the JD Custom guards fit. Thanks. Regards.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Would you be able to measure them? I have the low z handlebar and a larger windshield and there is very little room right now so unless I roll the bar forward, I will have to stick with gloves. Neither the Memphis shades or the JD Custom guards fit. Thanks. Regards.
These are mounted in the mirror holes. You choose the position of them. They can go as far past the lever as needed. Yes, you may have to pull your bars back if they are hitting the windshield. Or dont turn bars to full lock. Usually what windshield you run is a factor. ive had on taller windshields, and with my 14" bars, they hit.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have had mine on my Rig for about 4 years now and keep them on year round.

It's amazing how many bug hit them "Head On"! Lol

Between, heated jacket liner, heated gloves, heated grips, FF helmet and hand shields. Nothing but per nirvana!

Of course, I had to match mine to the fastest color!

>:)

YB

Who makes these? I like the flow of them over the coffin design.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts