Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John,
Will you be producing the Hand-Held CB Microphone for the current touring models? I had one on my old ride (GL1800) and found it very convenient to have at times.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
I was just looking at that on the HD site. I like the idea of it being an add-on, cool!
It would be great if an aftermarket company would make Bluetooth, FRS or Ham radio modules to interface in the same way...

I use a hand mic as well btw

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
kennyd ,,,,,,,

sorry late getting back to you ,,,,,

it is nearly impossible to offer a CB radio hand mike for the 2014-2016 Harleys, as the handlebar PTT switch is no longer a simple connect-two-wires together affair as in the past ,,,,,

the PTT switch on the 2014-2016 Harleys actually generates a digital signal and sends it thru the Infotainment radio, to tell the CB module to go into transmit mode ,,,,,,

so while you CAN plug in a CB hand mike, into the headset jack, you will need to press BOTH the TX button on the hand mike AND handlebar, simultaneously and hold down on both of them for the entire voice transmission ,,,,,,

that is the issue and why neither Harley OR J&M offers a CB hand mike for the 2014-2016 Harleys ,,,,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts