Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My one riding buddy here is pretty talented and is always crafting something new. Two years ago he made tabletop patio heaters and this past winter he decided to try his hand at knife making. He learns all this from YouTube. Anyway, when I heard he was making knives, I told him I wanted one. He finished his first round, I got to see how they turned out, and told him I damn sure wanted one too. He made me 2...
Check out the pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on taking the knife to an Amish place local here and getting a leather sheath made for the larger knife.
All together I think he knocked it out of the park. And the blade has his initials stamped in it.
Anyway, thought some of you guys would appreciate this.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
I plan on taking the knife to an Amish place local here and getting a leather sheath made for the larger knife.
All together I think he knocked it out of the park. And the blade has his initials stamped in it.
Anyway, thought some of you guys would appreciate this.
Awesome looking knives Brother!
Your friend is very talented.
I have two friends that also make knives.
It sure is a talent.
Mike U.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Those are badass. Love the look of the bigger one.

Reactions: vring

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Both look great... really like that little one! Is he in the business now?

Reactions: Freaky

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
They came out great. What type of metal is he using

Reactions: Freaky

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Both look great... really like that little one! Is he in the business now?
Nope, he just thought that learning to do this would be a fun winter project. I think he made a total of 10 knives.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They came out great. What type of metal is he using
Not sure. All I know for sure is that he ordered the steel that you see in the first pic somewhere out of TX. The little one he actually used a miter saw blade that he had and cut it down to the design he liked, he wanted to keep that one small as possible, so it's much thinner than the large one. The large one has some weight to it, but nicely balanced, not cheap feeling in any way. And the handle is smooth as glass, though it does not look it in the pics.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
They look great! If he gets into making out the front blades I'd be greatly interested. Tell him to keep up the nice work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts