Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 6'4" tall and have a 59 inch chest to give you an idea of my shoulder width.
I just bought a 2015 Glide which I love but the handle bars are really killing me. I have to hunch down a bit and turn my wrists in and hands out which Diggs the grips into my hands anyone change to a bar that fits you better that I could try with out going through a bunch of styles?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I know of two dealers in my area that have "fit shops". They have several different handlebars that they can pop in and out of a demo bike. You can't actually ride it, but you can get a feel for it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Check "WILD ONES" WEB SITE,CHUBBIES,THEY HAVE A 34-36 INCH SPREAD AND A VERY COMFORTABLE WRIST ANGLE.LOOK AT BR CUSTOMS WEB SITE,HE SHOWS YOU HOW TO MEASURE FOR BARS THAT FIT YOU.I JUST PUT ON A SET FROM FACTORY 47 AND LOVE THEM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have rolled them forward but the width of the bars is still noticeably uncomfortable.

Thanks am going to try the site listed above and measure for the right bars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2013 FLRTX, I'm also 6'4". I went with Hill Country Customs' 16" apes and saw a huge improvement in comfort. The 16's put my hand just below my shoulders, I focused more on height than width. I feel that the higher bars keep me more upright and take weight off my hands and shoulders.

You can try using coated wire hangers and masking tape to mock up different dimensions to give you an ideas of how they change your riding postion.

See before and after below.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
654 Posts
Look at Factory 47 Malo version. I have the 16s and they are by specs 38.5 wide. With my grips on they measure 40 wide. Very comfy and LOVE THEM! I'm 6.2 with 32 inseam and my seat is lowered an inch. My hands are a little below my shoulders. I could have went 18s I think. The 18s are 39.5 wide before adding grips. You would prob love the 18s. Here's a POV pic of mine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Check out Factory 47 (use to be called Buky Bars) , I have a set of the Malo 16s on mine and they are perfect. I am 6'5.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I will have a set of HHI 18" apes as soon as my bike gets here. It is coming with the bars and Im not a fan of apes, plus Im only 5'8" on a good day. Id let them go for a reasonable amount

·
Registered
137 Posts
Being 6'6" and 275 I've got a set of BR"S 1 1/2" SWEEPING BEATERS 18" high and 39" wide and with my seat LePera Maverick daddy long legs works for me.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,082 Posts
If you're willing to try some bars that are not 'apes' then I highly recommend the "Hot Rod" bars from John Shoppe's Sinister Industries. I'm 6'3", nearly 300 lbs. and 54" jacket/chest size and have ridden my Hot Rod bars for almost 4 years now and absolutely love 'em. I struggle with arthritis in both wrists and shoulders and the bar's position keeps me riding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, went with 16" apes at 39" width feels great

I appreciate all the advice I went with 16" apes I can not believe the difference.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am curious will a 33.5" wide bar with 8 " pullback big comfortable on. Size 54" chest 6-1 tall man?

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
Look at Factory 47 Malo version. I have the 16s and they are by specs 38.5 wide. With my grips on they measure 40 wide. Very comfy and LOVE THEM! I'm 6.2 with 32 inseam and my seat is lowered an inch. My hands are a little below my shoulders. I could have went 18s I think. The 18s are 39.5 wide before adding grips. You would prob love the 18s. Here's a POV pic of mine.

Those bars look badass.
Swomack

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am curious will a 33.5" wide bar with 8 " pullback big comfortable on. Size 54" chest 6-1 tall man?
That width would be similar to the factory bar width, which is 32.25".

That pullback would be more comfortable though. (The pullback on the factory bars is 10.5".)

I ran Burly 16" Gorillas on my old Road King. The Burly Gorillas were 38.75" wide and had a 10" pullback. The width was great, but the pullback was still a little much. With that said, I still loved the bars.

I'm going with 16" Carlini Gangsters on the new RGS. They are 38.5" wide with a 7" pullback, so I figure they should be about perfect.

I am 6'1" with approximately a 52" chest.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts