Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 RG that I think if I could just adjust the handlebars back a 1/2 " or maybe an inch that they would be more comfortable. At this point I don't want to replace them. Do I have to go through the fairing removal process just to adjust them? Yikes!

·
Registered
505 Posts
No, I hope you have a service manual for your bike if not you can do the adjustment fairly easy. On each side of your speedo housing are two screws, I think they are torx style you need to remove. Unclip the plastic tabs that hold the speedo in the housing and lift up, unplug the cables and sit it aside.
You know have access to two of the handlebar chinch bolts, loosen the two that are exposed and make you adjustment. Don't loosen them too much just enough so you can move your bars, tighten the bolts and check to see if you have your bars adjusted where you want them. Then just reverse the proceedure. You don't have to unplug the speedo/tach it has enough slack to move it out of the way, and you can wrap it in a towel or have someone hold it, but it was easier for me to just unplug it. After your done you might have to readjust your control switches on each side which is also very simple to make them fit your riding style and your comfort zone, just a couple of torx screws on either side of the controls and the lever perches.....
Good Luck and buy yourself a service manual

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweeeet! Just what I was looking for. Manual is on my list. Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It takes like 5 minutes to adjust

·
Registered
27 Posts
handlebar adjustment

I just picked up my Triple Red, 2000 SE Road Glide last nite. We put new Paucho bars on it. However, they adjusted the bars way to far forward. I haven't had a chance to check the manual. Do you know if this would be the same procedure. I need to pull mine back about 3 inches.

Thanx for the help
2bb
dr. g

·
Registered
27 Posts
Handlebar adjustment

Thanks Chainsaw. I adjusted the bars in five minutes. It took longer to find the right tools then do the adjustment.

2 bb

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just sold my 08 Street Glide a purchased a 2013 Shark. What a difference! I love it but on my first ride I determined the bars were just a bit too far forward for me. A quick search on this forum and bingo! Thanks for the easy directions. A service manual is definitely in order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts