Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing that my handlebars don't seem to be aligned correctly. My left arm seems to be out farther than my right. I thought my bars might be bent but then I noticed the gap above my switches. Not right for sure. I will attach a picture. Please take a look and give me some ideas. I can't see anyway to adjust this.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Loosen up the bars a bit. So they just move. Loosen up the risers a bit and twist them into alignment. Start snugging up the bars. Then the risers. Should fix ya right up.

Did you replace the riser bushings?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not replaced bushings. I took the top "clamp" off and I don't see how to loosen or tighten the riser itself.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
dodgeman, turn your handlebars full left and look underneath the top triple tree to see the right riser bolt. Then vise versa.
The bolts should be torqued to 30 - 40 foot pounds but good and tight also works.
It’s possible the riser bushings may need to be replaced.
Let us know how you make out.
Best of Luck.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mine were like that when i got it, but not as bad. I bought a CVO top riser, because i wanted 1 1/4" risers instead of the 1" and it somewhat fixed mine. It seems to me something is not right there because there is no way to adjust the risers in relation the the fork covers, there all on the triple tree and fixed, (no adjustment).
You could make the hole in the plastic cover kinda oblong and move the cover one way or another to even them out. Your front wheel could be out of alignment for one side to be out farther than the other. Loosen the bottom tree pinch bolts some and the front wheel pinch bolts, brace the front wheel and twist the bars which way they need to go. If it fixed it, torque everything back to spec and your good to go. I'm just thinking out loud more or less but maybe it will help.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have been noticing that my handlebars don't seem to be aligned correctly. My left arm seems to be out farther than my right. I thought my bars might be bent but then I noticed the gap above my switches. Not right for sure. I will attach a picture. Please take a look and give me some ideas. I can't see anyway to adjust this.

Thanks in advance.
I've had the same problem; didn't even know it could be adjusted.
Loosen up the bars a bit. So they just move. Loosen up the risers a bit and twist them into alignment. Start snugging up the bars. Then the risers. Should fix ya right up.

Did you replace the riser bushings?
Now I' gonna have to take a look at mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts