Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put KST straight jacket bars on my 19 RGU and when pulling the connectors out behind the instrument panel, one wire connector (throttle side) pulled out and now I have the red light on. Question, what does the one wire (white) connector do? I have not rode it yet as I am buying a new harness/jumper for the throttle side to make it right but I cannot figure out what that connector works. I have been given two different answers by three mechanics, 2 have said its the on/off ignition switch and thats not right, it works and the other mechanic said its for heated grips which I dont have.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
White only SHOULD be heated grips. Start stop is White/Gray wire. The red light is from DTCs, do you know how to clear them....you didn't pull the Maxi fuse when you did the bars did you?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did pull the 50amp fuse, the issue is, the one wire connector is not connected but everything is working. I just dont know what the one connector (white wire) is used for
White only SHOULD be heated grips. Start stop is White/Gray wire. The red light is from DTCs, do you know how to clear them....you didn't pull the Maxi fuse when you did the bars did you?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The only unused connectors are for the heated grips. And for the red dash light can you post a picture? Sorry about the crappy picture. Also if you have a picture of the connector I can tell you for sure if its the heated grips, but I'm almost sure it is. I just cant remember if it was white or black...just never really paid much attention to it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just clear them and you should be fine. Do you know how to clear them?
I do but this one will not clear. My guess is, being the connector is not plugged in may be causing this. I found a harness/jumper that I will pick up tomorrow and hope that will rid of the light.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Try pulling the main fuse again. See if it clears or you’re able to clear it afterwards.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
It's b not 6. And the bike starts and stops fine?

B220651Run/stop switch input open/shorted highENGINE STOP SWITCH DIAGNOSTICS

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Here is a list of all the 2019 DTCs, they are hard to find some times.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts