Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings

Any insight would be great.

Bought and installed F47 10" Signature bars for my '16 RGS. The bars themselves have a slot in them which allows me to rotate the bars toward me or away from me. The install went well, however I have a slight problem. When I position my bars (actually, in parallel with my forks, see pic) my hand grip switches are pointed down to much. When I try to rotate them up, I'm stopped by the pin on the handlebar switch clamps. The bars do have a hole, but to grind that hole into a slot would be a bit much for me, plus the cables are in the bars and don't like the idea of pulling the cables out again. That leaves grinding the pin off? (Finally the damn question) Has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it.

Thx for any and all help.

Bobinator

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
I don’t have the same bars, but I did grind the pins off both sides to get the controls where I want them. I haven’t had any problems with the controls shifting.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I ground mine off. But with all the people that snap them off, I'd do that next time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Those pins break off clean and easy. Use a screwdriver as a standoff and hit it with a hammer. Done.
Exactly :)

Properly re-torque the switch housing clamp screws and you're all set. The assembly won't move (even with the pins removed) as long as everything is snugged and tightened up properly. Mine have been that way for two years now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you...thank you all.

This is such a great resource. Going to snap mine off.

Do appreciate the input.

Bobinator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts