Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured I would just start with the three that I was interested in. This was out of the 2012 Catalog and are all 1 inch bars.

.....................Tip to Tip...... Pull Back.... Rise...Base Width....Knurl Width
Stock .............32.00...........3.50..........10.50...11.50..........3.14
Heritage..........31.25...........5.00..........12.00...11.50..........3.14
Reduced Reach.32.00...........5.50..........11.25...13.00..........3.14

Updated 12-3-2012 This was very helpful for me. These are all 1 inch bars. If you have any information to add please do so and thank you.

.....................................................Tip to Tip...... Pull Back.... Rise......Base Width....Knurl Width
Stock ...............................................32.00...........3.50..........10.50.. ......11.50...............3.14
Heritage............................................31.25............5.00..........12.00.........11.50...............3.14
Reduced Reach...................................32.00...........5.50...........11.25.........13.00. .............3.14
Burly Apes.........................................38.75...........10.00..........16.00.........14.00...............3.14

Specs for Khrome Werks Bars

http://www.khromewerks.com/handle_bars_specs.htm

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I say go with a nice tall set of chubbys
Yes, but it gets confusing when you look at measurements because everyone measures different. According the measurements above you'd have to go to 12" apes to get 2" over stock, which we all know is not the case. The heritage claim to be 12", yet 10" chubbies are taller than the 12" heritage.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Yes, but it gets confusing when you look at measurements because everyone measures different. According the measurements above you'd have to go to 12" apes to get 2" over stock, which we all know is not the case. The heritage claim to be 12", yet 10" chubbies are taller than the 12" heritage.
I do agree and because this is one of the most difficult decisions to make, i will say good luck in the search for bars. By the way i went with the wo502 wild1 12.5 chubbys and couldnt be happier

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put on the reduced reach last week and am very happy. Although I'm 6'2, I like to lean back a bit. I agree all are different, even looking at the measurements for the HD bars (to try and keep it apples to apples regarding measurements) they absolutely sit and feel different. I was surprised how much higher the reduced reach appear over stock (once installed). You really don't know how they feel until installed.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I do agree and because this is one of the most difficult decisions to make, i will say good luck in the search for bars. By the way i went with the wo502 wild1 12.5 chubbys and couldnt be happier
502s are on my list but i think im probably going with 10". The other problem is the chubbies are all 36.5" wide, abut 3" wider than stock which puts your hands out in the wind more than i like.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
502s are on my list but i think im probably going with 10". The other problem is the chubbies are all 36.5" wide, abut 3" wider than stock which puts your hands out in the wind more than i like.
Again i agree but with my lil fingernail cvo windshield all bars put my hands in the wind more so than the stock bars. You may want to try the outlaw bars. I believe theyre a few inches shorter in the width dept.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Installed Heritage bars today. They took care of my problem. 2013 RGU.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I put on the reduced reach last week and am very happy. Although I'm 6'2, I like to lean back a bit. I agree all are different, even looking at the measurements for the HD bars (to try and keep it apples to apples regarding measurements) they absolutely sit and feel different. I was surprised how much higher the reduced reach appear over stock (once installed). You really don't know how they feel until installed.
Did the stock cables and wiring work with those bars?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you wire externally yes, stock cables work. You basically remove and reattach everything without having to mess with the brakes (opening the line and bleeding them when reinstalling). If you want to wire internally, the only item you need is the extended TBW controller. It's about $100. I got one and plan to run internally next year. Just wanted to get it and try now without. Just took my time and everything went well. A service manual is also helpful.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you wire externally yes, stock cables work. You basically remove and reattach everything without having to mess with the brakes (opening the line and bleeding them when reinstalling). If you want to wire internally, the only item you need is the extended TBW controller. It's about $100. I got one and plan to run internally next year. Just wanted to get it and try now without. Just took my time and everything went well. A service manual is also helpful.
I installed the Reduced Reach bars on my Ultra and used all the stock stuff. The TBW cable has a fair bit of slack under the fairing. Until you go with apes, you should be fine with the stock Break and Clutch cables.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I installed the Reduced Reach bars on my Ultra and used all the stock stuff. The TBW cable has a fair bit of slack under the fairing. Until you go with apes, you should be fine with the stock Break and Clutch cables.
I was going by what is in the parts catalog as what is indicated as needed. Did you wire internally?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey Flexin or DMcBiker, could you post a pic of the reduced reach bars on your bike? I'm really close to getting deciding on these. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts