Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Donk's excellent write up, I got it done. I would just like to emphasize a couple of Donk's points and add one picture.

As Donk says, make a good drawing and take pics. It is funny how easy it is to get confused when you turn the connector over or reverse it.

Here is the one thing that got me...

Starting from the left of this pic, the black piece comes of and slides down the wires. You can see the little registration pin in the center of this piece. I did not notice this so when I went to put it back together, naturally the 50/50/80 law took over and I got it wrong. You probably won't notice this until you have gone cross-eyed trying to get all the pins facing the correct way so the internal white piece will go on. Then you are going to be pissed.

EZ

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Ez, Thanks for pointing this out...Except I didn't read your post until after I had put the pins in and then couldn't get black piece to click into place.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Any chance any one would know where I can get one of the pins in this plug ? I think they are molex but I could be wrong. Let alone if it is a molex pin then I would need a molex crimper which I don't believe I have either. ....need help and my bars and wires are done and sitting on my bench and the only thing holding all of this up is a broken pin ! Help !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts