Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Wild1 14" apes (572) on my Road King and love the bars - perfect height for me. Based on the posts I've seen and pics of Road Glides I'm not sure they would look as good as the 14" Outlawz or the 14" PY OEM Monkey Bars. I'm curious of the following:

1. Anybody ridden both Wild1 Bars (Chubby Apes and Outlawz)? Which was your preference? I know the wrist angle is different and the Outlawz are narrower.
2. Thoughts on the PY OEM Monkey Bars? I think they look the best but a lot of folks are having problems with wiring and quality. Besides they seem to be on back order for 4-6 weeks at this point. Also not really sure how the wrist angle is.

I do a lot of longer distance twisty riding in the mountains so I want to make sure I get the pick right the first time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I have the 572's and I like them. If I was to do it again I might would have went with the carlinis.

·
Registered
818 Posts
You might pm "fire-medic". I believe he did some switching around with Outlaws and Chubbys. I run the 572 and personally I like the look and the feel.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a set of Wild1 14" apes (572) on my Road King and love the bars - perfect height for me. Based on the posts I've seen and pics of Road Glides I'm not sure they would look as good as the 14" Outlawz or the 14" PY OEM Monkey Bars. I'm curious of the following:

1. Anybody ridden both Wild1 Bars (Chubby Apes and Outlawz)? Which was your preference? I know the wrist angle is different and the Outlawz are narrower.
2. Thoughts on the PY OEM Monkey Bars? I think they look the best but a lot of folks are having problems with wiring and quality. Besides they seem to be on back order for 4-6 weeks at this point. Also not really sure how the wrist angle is.

I do a lot of longer distance twisty riding in the mountains so I want to make sure I get the pick right the first time.

Thanks!
I can't speak about Monkey Bars on a RG but I had the 12" on a 08 Ultra and 10" on 12 SG and liked them both and the wrist angle is great. I wanted something different for the RG so I went with the Sinister Hot Rod drag bars. Try Shaun at Eastern Performance on the Monkey bars. They usually have some in stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts