Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on my 14 inch Wild 1 Reaper apes doing the wiring all inside the bars and plugs on, it seems like the wires are long enuff and I almost don't need the 4+ Namz extension kits, is this possible? With maybe re-routing the stock harness? If I don't need it don't want to open the package, the brake hose I know I need got that, and got a +4 clutch cable already, bit don't know if I should install the 4 inch extension kit, any thoughts fellas?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I just put on my 14 inch Wild 1 Reaper apes doing the wiring all inside the bars and plugs on, it seems like the wires are long enuff and I almost don't need the 4+ Namz extension kits, is this possible? With maybe re-routing the stock harness? If I don't need it don't want to open the package, the brake hose I know I need got that, and got a +4 clutch cable already, bit don't know if I should install the 4 inch extension kit, any thoughts fellas?
If you've got enough wire, I'd leave the package sealed and send it back. I bought the entire new wire harness, not just the extension, so I went ahead and used it on my 16" bars. But I did two 14" installs on 2018 and there was enough wire in the OEM harness to reach. Be sure to check that there's enough slack lock to lock so as not to put undue stress on the switch wires.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I re-routed them and there loose not tight I also covered them in wire conduit for more extra protection for the shrink wrap, and lock to lock is no issue, I had read some where here a few years earlier maybe it was Chainsaw who quoted stock harness will reach, so I will also return the for HD plugs I got from the dealer to make a plug and play extension.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I failed to mention, I have a 2011 FLTRX, so it's pre- Rushmore, think the wiring is different, but so far so good, don't know if the dealer will accept the plugs in return they say no return on Electrical parts, even though it's just a plug.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Here are my 14”. The cables on the outside or let’s just say tightly pulled in that’s it as far as the wires inside the swaddle why are you could probably go to with 18” and it would be good but the wires for your switches on both sides now they’re tight are you needs an extension for them and just get the 6 inch extension and that should do you find and use some zip ties and what’s left of the 6 inches if you go into a 14” bar.

BCD90E37-DD80-4DC6-8E48-78D25127439A_1547264011301.jpeg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts