Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running BR's sweeping apes o.. Tried running the wires through on the throttle side 3 different times now and they keep peeling the coating and cutting the wires... Tried two different kinds of electrical tape and also tried running the control wires seperate from the throttle wires.. No matter what They keep slicing them up ... I have to do a bike delivery tomorrow to NY and will probably stop by BR's to see if Bill can get them through or not... I've never had this trouble with any other bars...... Any suggestions..... Tried some rail lube on the harness also to try and get it to slide easier, No go

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Once the wires are shrink wrapped or taped, try using some dish soap as you feed them through.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Bills bars are usually burr free.. I'm at a loss

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update !! Stopped by and seen Bill and Tracey.. They had them wires ran in 30 seconds flat.. Lesson learned= Take the wire loom and electrical tape off and run the wires free...He put a cat leash down through, put 3 wires up ahead of the others and then used painters tape to hold them to the chain... After they are started out the bottom of the bars He unwrapped them and fed each through by themselves... I've installed lots of bars, But none with these extreme corners.. I've been Schooled..LOL .

Talk about customer service, Bill goes up and beyond above all.... Can't wait for Hm to take a ride over so We can tip a few cold ones back....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts