Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to find a handlebar with more pull-back for my 2011 CVO RG Ultra. Not finding anything available from H-D. Everything in the catalog says no hydraulic cluth, no heated handgrips, yada, yada, yada. :( Anybody have some recommendations? The present pull-back is speced at 6.75".

Jerry

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're gonna have to go aftermarket to achieve what you are looking to achieve. Lots of good options out there.

Wild1 Chubby (works on my CVO just fine)
BR Bars
Buky bars

The list is endless. Good luck.
Thanks 93-331-29psi. I was looking on the Wild1 website not long after posting. Did you install yourself?

Jerry

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Cycle visions makes a bar that is two inches farther back than stock,it also comes in black thats what im looking at myself goes for about 120.00 im sure u can find it for less.:cool:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Thanks 93-331-29psi. I was looking on the Wild1 website not long after posting. Did you install yourself?

Jerry
Yes I did my own install. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't that bad either. Just have to take your time and document where everything goes. I've got a write up that I could point you to should you decide to do your own install. The only advise I can give is don't cut and solder the wires. Removing them from the terminal sockets isn't that hard to do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I did my own install. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't that bad either. Just have to take your time and document where everything goes. I've got a write up that I could point you to should you decide to do your own install. The only advise I can give is don't cut and solder the wires. Removing them from the terminal sockets isn't that hard to do.
Sounds good. Point me to your write up when you can. I'm a Test Engineer so removing terminals from the connectors is not a problem. Been there...done that.

Jerry

·
Registered
301 Posts
I put the CVO bars on my ride & there sweet. Just loosen the head clamp & pull'em back till ya happy. Save ya $ for something else.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I sat on an RGU which the fella had the bars changed out to the CVO bars on tour scoot, I've been looking to change my OEM bars to them but after sitting on the bike and feeling and. Seeing them they left me with very little to be desired. I wound up going with the Arlen Ness Mini Apes 10" which are also 1 1/4" thick into he areas nothing is clamped to and I also wound up installing them myself (first time doing this work) , I could have gone either way on the install but never the dealership to do it. Another issue I gave myself since I wanted to do the work myself was I didn't want to change out my cables or get extensions for the wires, turns out I don't need extensions for the wires all the way up to 12" apes but I do have to change the cables and brake line to make a 12" bar fit. I must say I do like the bars very much but they were expensive and more than I wanted to spend, hence doing the job myself. Good luck.

Side view of bike with above mentioned bars.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Jerry, I have the same bike as you and I put the Wild Ones 612 on it and all of the stock wiring and lines worked fine. It has about 10 inches of pullback with the bars inline with the front forks.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Jerry, I have the same bike as you and I put the Wild Ones 612 on it and all of the stock wiring and lines worked fine. It has about 10 inches of pullback with the bars inline with the front forks.
can you shoot some good pics? the wife is wanting to get rid of the stock bars, and isn't sure what route she wants to go yet. likes the height of the yaffee mbb (12''), but not the look so much. which is great, that way i don't have to worry about doing the internal wiring :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info smitty. I'm not sure I wanna go higher, just want a tad more pull=back.

I've tried to find the spec numbers for the bars on this bike. Part number is 57461-11. Looks like H-D hides these specs like the CVO paint codes. :rolleyes: Someone on here listed the rise at 10". When I measure it`s more like 8". Would love to know the true and accurate specs so I can compare all of the after-market choices.

Jerry

·
Registered
468 Posts
It all depends on how much you roll them back. These bars were only about 2 inches longer than the stock ones. If you look at the stock ones they are rolled down below the angle of the front forks. If I had set the 612 at that angle I would probably had around 12 - 13 inches of pullback.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I've tried to find the spec numbers for the bars on this bike. Part number is 57461-11. Looks like H-D hides these specs like the CVO paint codes. :rolleyes: Someone on here listed the rise at 10". When I measure it`s more like 8". Would love to know the true and accurate specs so I can compare all of the after-market choices.

Jerry
try this: http://s7d1.scene7.com/s7/brochure/flash_brochure.jsp?company=HarleyDavidson&sku=HandlebarDimensions&config=Scene7SharedAssets/eCatalog1&locale=en&image=HarleyDavidson/HandlebarDimensions

seems to have the dimensions for the bars that they sell, but not the cvo ones....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts