Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's many many choices, but I'm hoping to find one set anyway.

I prefer bars with very little wrist angle, keep my wrists as straight as possible without bending to the inside. Does that make sense? Anyway, I've tried bars at the local shop, and I have to say I prefer the stock bars over the heritage bars for that very reason. My issue with the stock bars is I find myself reaching for them a little to much, would like to sit back and stretch out a little without slouching forward to reach for the bars. I'm leaning towards some apes since so many people say how comfy they are. My main goal is comfort, without losing solid road feel.

So, are there bars out there that would qualify for what I'm looking for? I'm 6'3". I was thinking 12 or so apes, but the bars I'm thinking about to me sound like they'd have a lot of pullback.

I also am thinking hard about doing the job myself. So I'd want a bar know to be easier to install internal wires if they have them.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I was worried about pullback too. Not sure which bars have less but most if not all will some sort of pullback. Its more of a natural wrist angle and will be more comfortable. My wild1 12.5 chubbys are pretty wide so it sort of compensates for the (if i remember correctly) 11" pullback. As far as internaly wiring bars they all are a PITA and will take time. The shaper the bends the more of a pain. Good luck in the search for bars

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Started looking into the outlawz wild1 chubby bars, they have less of a wrist angle. Anyone know much of the holeshot t-bars?

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
I went with Carlini Bag Draggs because I didn't like the angle my wrist were in with stock bars, work well for me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'm really looking at the wrist angles. Wild 1 does a good job at documenting their bar wrist angles. Does any one know the wrist angle of the stock bars and the heritage bars? The outlawz have the smallest wrist angle, however the other ape bars are a little wider making up for that. Wider bars I think would give me a more solid road gel I think.

I think I'm way over analyzing this, but I do this with everything. In the past my main discomfort came from a medium wrist angle. But I've noticed most bars with little wrist angle also have little pullback. I like the wrist angle of the stockers but want a few more inches of pullback.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I have the wild 1 outlaw 12" and the wrist angle is the best I have felt sitting on anyone else's bike. That being said they are apes and I think you are looking for more of a beach comber look where they come back to you a bit. The outlaws are a big PITA to internally wire, but worth it with comfort.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I have the wild 1 outlaw 12" and the wrist angle is the best I have felt sitting on anyone else's bike. That being said they are apes and I think you are looking for more of a beach comber look where they come back to you a bit. The outlaws are a big PITA to internally wire, but worth it with comfort.
+1..................

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think beach bars have way more wrist angle. Maybe I'm thinking of something different than what you are? iI've looked at t-bars a little, they have little wrist angle, but I don't think I like the obstruction to the gauges, and they don't have much pullback.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'm 90% settled on outlaw'z. I did some measuring and I think actually 14's would be better than 12's for me. I'm guessng I'll need need longer cables. Can anyone confirm this? What about wires? I have a 2007.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Look at the "Ergo Up Bars" from Klock Werks....They will accomplish exactly what you are looking for. They have a 12.75" rise and they have a lot less pullback than the stock bars. As long as the center width is not too wide for out fairings I think they will work well for you...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Look at the "Ergo Up Bars" from Klock Werks....They will accomplish exactly what you are looking for. They have a 12.75" rise and they have a lot less pullback than the stock bars. As long as the center width is not too wide for out fairings I think they will work well for you...
I looked them up, and the ergo back bars might be ok. In my original post I said i liked less pull back, but I was confusing pull back with wrist angle. I prefer less wrist angle but want more pull back than stock. These may accomplish everything I'm looking for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts