Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, I have done a search and read the countless threads.

After doing this research, I am leaning towards the Khromewerks black sweeper 2+2 on my 2013 RGC.

Here is my concern. I have ridden over 1500 miles with the stock bars. I need the new bars to be slightly higher, but much closer.

Will the 2+2's give me this?

I know in a perfect world, I would find someone with the bars or a indy with them in stock to compare, but that isn't an option here, not unless I go for a long ride.

Anyone out there that can post pic's of the bars installed and give me some hands-on input as to the difference from stock?

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
2+2 bars are two inches longer and two inches taller which will allow you to pull them back and have less reach. I've personally never used them, but many here have with great results. I'd highly recommend going to a bike night or making that long ride to sit and try a pair first hand.

My CVO had bars very similar to the heritage bars which were about 8" mini apes. I needed about 2 more inches from that and opted for 10" chubby bars. I now wish I'd have gone with a 12.5" or 14" bar because I still don't have quite enough pull back and I refuse to roll them back from being inline with the forks. I would contact BR and have a set made just for you. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
If you have short arms like me, i went with the bars that had the most pullback.
These were the Santees Standard apes. I chose 14" because i wanted them tall, but they also had more pullback than any bars i had seen, and you can roll them forward or back depending on how much pull back and height you need.
They come in 11"'s as well, and are about as cheap as the Khromewerks.
What i dont like about the KW 2+2 bars is that they are too wide.
i had sweepers on my Street Glide that worked great for my short arms, but they were a little wider than i would have liked, but they were a little taller, and had a little more pull back.

HEre are the bars i would reccomend to you:

http://customchromecatalog.com/2013/full.asp?page=200

1 - 6 of 6 Posts