Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’ve gotten a ton of great advice here. So what’s one more question. Lol.

I’m a pretty aggressive rider, I find myself wearing the feelers off everything quite often. The bike has chrome mini apes, which while they work I don’t like how they look and they aren’t very functional.

What are my options for my 12 road glide ultra?

I saw these. KRAUS ERG ADJUSTABLE MOTO BARS

Maybe someone has some other performance minded bars that come in black or contrast chrome?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Love the Kraus look but not the $$$$. The pinch bolts on the link you shared looked super goofy to me however. That's personal taste though.

I see that Vindikta has a couple of options for pre-Rushmore bikes. I have Vindikta bars now......well built and love them.

Carlini has some offerings? Super high quality! Hard to get them on the phone earlier this year.....probably pandemic related.

The Yaffee 6" Monkey Sport Bars are also an option for pre-Rushmore. I had the 2015+ 'sport bars' on my RGS for ~1k miles. Unique look. Made for a very heavy feeling front end that felt super planted but not light enough to be flickable. Great for running at very high speeds but not for cutting in/out. They also wouldn't allow me to turn full lock without hitting my inner fairing. Few trade off's for high speed stability! Your fairing may be different but it would definitely give you the ability to sweep through corners at high speed.

·
Registered
357 Posts
@duffner I'm just not certain. You know - I find it hard to believe the pre-Rushmore bikes seem to be largely abandoned for the model specific stuff like this. The engine/chassis and I suppose everything minus the front fairing assembly are still well supported. It's just the cockpit stuff that seemed to kinda stop. I have no pre-Rushmore experience and can't tell you what is specifically different between the model years aside from the obvious fairing mold and the radio. Maybe the handlebar gauge cluster is largely identical as it relates to handlebars.....dunno. Other folks can help more.

The link you provided seems wrong but I don't know. Call the OEM [Kraus]. They'll want to sell you so their in the best position to guide you without fail.

Maybe another very similar option: Roadglide VT-Bars with Gauge Relocation

Good luck!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@duffner I'm just not certain. You know - I find it hard to believe the pre-Rushmore bikes seem to be largely abandoned for the model specific stuff like this. The engine/chassis and I suppose everything minus the front fairing assembly are still well supported. It's just the cockpit stuff that seemed to kinda stop. I have no pre-Rushmore experience and can't tell you what is specifically different between the model years aside from the obvious fairing mold and the radio. Maybe the handlebar gauge cluster is largely identical as it relates to handlebars.....dunno. Other folks can help more.

The link you provided seems wrong but I don't know. Call the OEM [Kraus]. They'll want to sell you so their in the best position to guide you without fail.

Maybe another very similar option: Roadglide VT-Bars with Gauge Relocation

Good luck!
Hey thanks for all the info!!

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Just MHO.....seen cats rail with 18s and cats rail with stockers......bars won't mean a thing in my book except for comfort - I had Chiz Lows that acted like Flat Track Bars allowing me to push and pull in and out of the corners and now rock 14 Apes and ride the same way....just use more body than bar now - Go for comfort and then learn hw to ride them.....would be my advice

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know if the newer FXR division or factory47 bars work on the pre Rushmore bikes?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know if the newer FXR division or factory47 bars work on the pre Rushmore bikes?
FXR appears to list an option for the pre-Rushmore’s that’s pretty exciting! Maybe I’ll have to give them a call tomorrow and see what’s up.

For others reading, the Tbar setup through Kraus is possible on the older bikes, but just takes quite a bit of extra pieces and gauges. As our older bikes have smaller gauges, the pods they have don’t work. I’d be a few thousand in to do it and I don’t want to spend that much money. So this is why I’m back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Its not that expensive. I did 11" risers, moto bars and relocated my gauges on my 08 road glide for like $300. All I needed were the bung king risers and bars and a FXDX gauge bucket. Worked great.
For my 2018 Im running FXR division motorwitch bars with solid bushings. Same feel and width but didnt have to mess with the gauges and all that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its not that expensive. I did 11" risers, moto bars and relocated my gauges on my 08 road glide for like $300. All I needed were the bung king risers and bars and a FXDX gauge bucket. Worked great.
For my 2018 Im running FXR division motorwitch bars with solid bushings. Same feel and width but didnt have to mess with the gauges and all that.
I actually ended up purchasing the 14” FXR Division motorwitch bars with solid bushings. I didn’t install yet, but I think it will go well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts