Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed a set of 16 in kst kustom apehangers on my 11 roadglide over the winter....just got her out today for the first run this season and noticed the bars are shaking quite bad when idling on the kickstand...I figure I must need to replace the bushings and just wondering what the recommendations were for 16s on a roadglide...thanks in advance for any help...

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
There's a lot longer tubing required for 16" bars which will flex more than the stock bars. My 12.5" bars do the same. example.... a 12 foot pole is more flexible than a 4 foot pole. if you understand what I'm saying.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
There's a lot longer tubing required for 16" bars which will flex more than the stock bars. My 12.5" bars do the same. example.... a 12 foot pole is more flexible than a 4 foot pole. if you understand what I'm saying.

That explains a lot! I was starting to think I needed to go see the Doc about the little blue pill. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
That explains a lot! I was starting to think I needed to go see the Doc about the little blue pill. :rolleyes:
Just remember if it lasts more than 4hrs you'll need to see the doc

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol...it does make sense....great advice for the bars and the little blue pills...Thanks...

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Little blue pill & 4 hours. No need to see the doc. Just look at a picture of Whoopi Goldberg or Roise 'bull ****' O'Donnell & your stuff will shrink up real fast.

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
Little blue pill & 4 hours. No need to see the doc. Just look at a picture of Whoopi Goldberg or Roise 'bull ****' O'Donnell & your stuff will shrink up real fast.
Yeah thanks! I just threw up a lil

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Taller bars are going to shake more at idol as stated already but I would still upgrade the riser bushings to give you more stability. The stock bushings just don't cut it with taller bars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts