Road Glide banner

241 - 260 of 924 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Haven't even started. Taking the inner fairing to the painters today, and the radio is due in a few days from Throttle Up. Hope to start or at least get the handle bars going this weekend.

So how long did it take you to get yours back together....i had a few places I had to be on the weekend but all up I think I saved myself about $1,200 by doing myself...And surprisingly got it all done in the one weekend......bit of a late night Saturday but it was worth leaving the money in my pocket rather than the Stealer

·
Registered
124 Posts
do u have a website for throttle up? only one I can find says they are no longer in business.

·
Registered
381 Posts
10" Paul Yaffee Monkey Bars with 13" Windvest on my 2011 RGC

·
Registered
381 Posts
How do like the 10" Monkey's? What windshield is that? At full lock, do the mirrors touch the windshield?
I'm happy with the bars. They raised my hands up about 2-3" higher than the stock bars and look way better. At 6ft/34" inseam, I could have went with the 10's or 12's, but stuck with the 10's to maintain some hand grip protection from the fairing/windshield, as I ride in Colorado winters. If I lived in a warmer climate, or did not ride in the winter, I would have gone with the 12" bars. When I turn and lock the steering column, the bars just barely touch the side of the shield. No issues touching at slow speed turns.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chubby apes 12

After going through this entire thread I just ordered chubby apes. Should be here next friday will post some picks after installed. Any hints to watch out for. Do i need to switch the cables or lines?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Internal wiring attempt on my Yaffe Monkey Bars failed. I tried everything but the meat hooks inside the bars would not let go.

Lubed the shit out of it, had tight bundles of staggered wire taped. Even tried bare wires and the razors inside the bars would not let go.

Even ran a single wire and that was tough as hell to get through. These things have not been deburred.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, wife came home and she gave me a hand. Used the weed wacker string this time and got the left side through!!!!

It's 103 f here today so I'm done. Flying out tomorrow, so I'll take on the right side this Friday....man.....!

·
Registered
593 Posts
That's great looking Fire-Medic! Any chance you can post a pic of you sitting on it so I can get an idea of the reach? I'm seriously considering ordering the Wild 1 Chubby 14" bars like I had on my '08 Wide Glide. I'm just not sure of the reach although I think 14's are going to be about right for me.

Love the look of your scoot tho.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That's great looking Fire-Medic! Any chance you can post a pic of you sitting on it so I can get an idea of the reach? I'm seriously considering ordering the Wild 1 Chubby 14" bars like I had on my '08 Wide Glide. I'm just not sure of the reach although I think 14's are going to be about right for me.

Love the look of your scoot tho.
Thanks for the kind words. The photo with me on it will have to wait a bit until the wife gets home, but I will get one for you, not a problem.

I will add, I wanted my hands slightly above my shoulders, and have the 16" Wild 1 chubby bars, and I bought a stock RGC seat which I sent to MCC and had them move me down 1" and back 1". On a good day I am 5'11" and my hands are exactly where I wanted them.

I had first ordered 14" Outlawz but my hands were well below my shoulders with those bars so I did not even finish installing them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Worked the throttle side (2005) side of my Yaffe Monkey Bars today and failed. We worked the shit out of the jagged edges in the bends today (all day) to no avail.

Had the bundle start as 3 wires and spaced the remaining 9 wires to allow flex between each all tightly wrapped in either shrink tubing or elect. tape.

Going to give it another try next weekend.

What type of lube have you guys used that have done this??

·
Registered
730 Posts
Worked the throttle side (2005) side of my Yaffe Monkey Bars today and failed. We worked the shit out of the jagged edges in the bends today (all day) to no avail.

Had the bundle start as 3 wires and spaced the remaining 9 wires to allow flex between each all tightly wrapped in either shrink tubing or elect. tape.

Looks like Yaffe is having a ton of issues with his bars, I just spent 385 dollars on the bagger bars another 250 to get them painted and the dealer went to install no luck, sharp metal at the bend throttle side kept cutting the wires also the bars are uneven, on side is higher than the other Yaffe said maybe they moved while in the jib while being welded. I put these on my 09 and there were no issues, looks like his new supplier isnt doing quality work, the dealer showed me 2 other pairs on other bikes that are pitting after a few months on the bike. Now we have to get the bars returned wait for a new pair then get them painted, worst part is my bike is all broken down with the new lines so it makes no sense to put everything back to stock while I wait.... maybe it will be ready in 2 weeks.....THIS SUCKS, had to ride today took the chopper out and now as I am typing this my whole body is soar:mad:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ballistic Cycles Road Glide Relaxer Bars

I just installed my bars this weekend. Thanks to Roadglide.org members for sharing your installs. I benefited from your willingness to share the good and bad.

Especially thank Donk for his detail threads on his handlebar install. I did take his advice and hard wired the TBW instead of attempting to reuse the green connector.

I went with Ballistic Cycles Road Glide Relaxer Bars. As you can see from the pics, running the wires was not that big of a deal. I just took my time and didn't rush

I like the looks and they seem comfortable. I have not done any real riding (weather has sucked most of this weekend), I think that I'm going to like them. The Avon grips feel comfortable as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
handlebar question?

so this may have been answered before but how tall a bar can i go before having to change cables on my 2012 roadglide

·
Registered
124 Posts

i used baby powder this weekend...staggered them and covered them in it and slid right thru.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did finally getting mine through too using windex and careful bundling.

Put the newly painted inner fairing on last weekend. Everything appears to work correctly.

New amp and speakers this weekend.

241 - 260 of 924 Posts