Road Glide banner

621 - 640 of 924 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Factory 47 Malo 12" bars. Many thanks to RGKen for his assistance with this install.
I'm considering these for my next set of bars. They look wide though, any additional photos? How do ya like em? How's the pullback & adjustability? Does the fairing still deflect a reasonable amount of wind? I know, questions questions, just want to make sure I get it right the first time, if that's possible....TIA!

Lots of great lookin bars on here though, so many choices!

·
Registered
164 Posts
So far, in love them. I only got about 50 miles on then yesterday after the install. After looking at the pics again, they do look wide, but it may be the angle. I will try and get some more taken. As far as adjustability, I have then rolled to me as far as the pin allows because I am only 5 5. There is plenty of room to roll them forward of you like. My hands are just above the fairing, so I do feel the wind on them, which doesn't matter in florida. I rode a 13 streetglide with yaffee 10 Monkey bars and these feel almost identical, except the 1.5 inch bars looks so much better.

Perhaps RGKen will chime in, he took it for a test spin and he is 6ft plus.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
My bars are due tomorrow like I said. But poly bushings won't be in til Friday. I'd prefer to have the poly bushings. But they're easy enough to pop in after. >:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Aaawwwww yeah baby...it's on!
RIGHT on! Start her young. If you do the install yourself, I HIGHLY recommend you review the Factory 47 14"install video on youtube. Its rare, I wrench on my own bike, hell I don't even change my fluids, but with the help of the video, I removed the bars in 30 mins.

The throttle side was the only challenge to the wiring. The chain technique he uses is the best way to pull. We tried several options and the chain was the best. Feed the wire and then pull the slack with the chain. Don't push and pull together! I only removed the wires from the big molex connector like he did, but left the 2 prong connector alone and just feed it through.

The black plastic piece under the gauges that he cuts out and removes, I left in place. I had plenty of slack for the wires to reach and plug in (mine are 12" bars). It took less than 30 minutes to re-attach the bars after the wiring was complete.

Be patient when pulling the wires....have beer available. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
RIGHT on! Start her young. If you do the install yourself, I HIGHLY recommend you review the Factory 47 14"install video on youtube. Its rare, I wrench on my own bike, hell I don't even change my fluids, but with the help of the video, I removed the bars in 30 mins.

The throttle side was the only challenge to the wiring. The chain technique he uses is the best way to pull. We tried several options and the chain was the best. Feed the wire and then pull the slack with the chain. Don't push and pull together! I only removed the wires from the big molex connector like he did, but left the 2 prong connector alone and just feed it through.

The black plastic piece under the gauges that he cuts out and removes, I left in place. I had plenty of slack for the wires to reach and plug in (mine are 12" bars). It took less than 30 minutes to re-attach the bars after the wiring was complete.

Be patient when pulling the wires....have beer available. Good luck.
Yeah, I've posted that video a few times around the forum. Lol. I've also changed a handful or more bars on various bikes. >:)TBW connector disassembled and stock bars stripped ready to wire up new bars. This set is taking a bit longer cause my 3yo just had to help daddy trick out his "momo" lol. She loves to help her daddy

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, I've posted that video a few times around the forum. Lol. I've also changed a handful or more bars on various bikes. >:)TBW connector disassembled and stock bars stripped ready to wire up new bars. This set is taking a bit longer cause my 3yo just had to help daddy trick out his "momo" lol. She loves to help her daddy
I know your finished by now!! where's the pics lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was thinking about how many handlebar threads are started here. Post a good photo of your bike and write the name of handlebars you're using. I have stock bars so I can't play but I'd love to see my choices.
12" Klock Werks Chrome KlipHanger Bars!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I know your finished by now!! where's the pics lol
Nah, got bit by the dreaded green plug on my current install. Should have soldered the wires...now I can't get the wires back out. [email protected]$*ing green plug seems to be the culprit. Getting hung up on the top meathook

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Took longer and more work than anticipated. But it was a great example of patience and perseverance for my daughter to experience. Most of all the success of not giving up and there are always options. :wink:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I like them alot. Perfect bar height and position for touring for me. Put 20 some miles on today just to get a feel of them. Definitely recommend these. Probably best bars I put my money on so far. Definitely the most lol

621 - 640 of 924 Posts